• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lawton and templar actions?

TacticalSasquach

"No news is good news"
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2008
central virginia
Does anyone have pics to post of lawton and templar actions?

for comparison purposes to base a new build

what are differences.

thanks in advance

Re: lawton and templar actions?

GAP7000(Basicly Lawton 7000)
P1010065.jpg

Templar
P1010015-5.jpg

P3040435.jpg

Templar from GA Precision site
templarLRG.jpg

templarLRG2.jpg

Both have side bolt release. The Templar has some upgrades. If you do a search for posts by George Gardner of GA Precision under his name A10XRifle you will find his list of differences.

Actually I found George's post for you. Here is what it said:

"We have been getting allot of calls about the new action, I figured I should post here to shed a little light on it.

New action is replacing the GAP 7000, before anyone freaks out there are nothing wrong with the 7000. We could not get the service/quantity we needed from the former manufacturer so we went elsewhere.

GAP "Templar” Short and Long actions.

Specs are 100% the same as the former action except for:

1. Name

2. Tang is thicker and then radiused so it still fits a Model 700 style stock.

3. caming/unlocking has 20% more engagement.

4. Lug is double pinned.

5. Bolt stop has been changed to the GAP/Nesika Style.

6. Raceway is EDM'ed instead of broached.

All other specs are the same. (We plan on brining one more change latter this year it will be a 100% one piece bolt.)

Manufacturer of the new action is Glen Harrison, Phoneix Machine LLC. Glen was the founder and former president/owner of Nesika Bay Precision before selling it to Dakota Arms. Glen has been a pleasure to deal with and we are very pleased with the actions he is making for us."

Here's a link to the thread
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526890#Post526890