• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lawton Picatinny Rails

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
England
Me and my father have a pair of Lawton 7500 being built as we speak. The only thing is what picatinny rails to go for. We are funning NXS scopes with a 56 objective and they do seem to sit high on the photos I have seen using the Lawton rail.

I think the Lawton Rail looks like it sits really high on the action and looks out of place. Can any one point me in the direction of a lower rail?

I have also go a Lawton 7000 being done in .20 Tactical that is going to have an IOR 3-18x42 sat on top so want this scope mounting as low as possible.

many thanks in advance from here in the UK.

Dave

Re: Lawton Picatinny Rails

Ring height is what you need to adjust. The dimensions of a picatinny rail is determined by industry standards for that system.

Scotch, I called and got a lower 20moa rail from Seekins for my Lawton 7000. Fit great and I think it had the same hole layout as the Templar action from Gap?

Thanks for the replies folks. I have looked at the GAP Templar action and the rail on there website looks exactly what I am after. It looks like a standard height compared to those on Lawtons.

I have emailed GAP asking if their rail will fit a Lawton. I have my fingers firmly crossed!

I just sent two lawton rails back to lawton to see if bobby can chop them down 0.200" for me. Curretly they measure 0.555" in the rear which is WAY too high. I'll let ya kow how they turn out.

Let us know how the GAP route works out.

I've had a reply from Karey at GAP this is what he said
Unfortunately we do not have any Lawton rails in the shop. If they are GAP 7000 actions that Lawton made our standard Templar rail will work but if it is another Lawton action it probably won't as I believe they have a different hole spacing.

So doesn't look like the GAP rail will fit. I have asked if they can supply pre drilled and get my rifle smith to drill the correct spacing.

Why do Lawton make such an uggly tall rail?!

I thought about the seekins because I'll be using their rings but I really like the stainless finish on the GAP and Lawton rails.

Couldn't anyone with a mill shorten up one of these rails? I'd have mine done just to loose a little wieght off it, the steel bases are very heavy.

I think the cant in the base may cause issues with having a rail milled down but may be an option.

IMG_0178.png

IMG_0179.png

hope this shows what I mean.