• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Layer Cake

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
Didn't see anyone mention this movie in my search. Has Daniel Craig, Sienna Miller, Michael Gambon. I really liked it.

Re: Layer Cake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alshirey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't see anyone mention this movie in my search. Has Daniel Craig, Sienna Miller, Michael Gambon. I really liked it.</div></div>

Awesome movie with a shitty ending. Maybe not shitty just an ending not to my liking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Awesome movie with a shitty ending. Maybe not shitty just an ending not to my liking. </div></div>

Yeah what's up with that? I love the movie but the ending was WTF?

Very good movie that I had never heard of, sometimes I really like Netflix.

Other than Laura Croft, I haven't seen a "bad" D. Craig movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought it was a good flick with a good ending I get tired of all the happy go lucky everything works out endings in movies in western media. </div></div>

Go back a few millenniums and think "Greek Tragedy". Not a new Holy-weird invention.

Introduction to Greek Tragedy
Genre - Tragedy

As was noted in the discussion of the Iliad, the word "tragedy" refers primarily to tragic drama: a literary composition written to be performed by actors in which a central character called a tragic protagonist or hero suffers some serious misfortune which is not accidental and therefore meaningless, but is significant in that the misfortune is logically connected with the hero's actions. Tragedy stresses the vulnerability of human beings whose suffering is brought on by a combination of human and divine actions, but is generally undeserved with regard to its harshness. This genre, however, is not totally pessimistic in its outlook. Although many tragedies end in misery for the characters, there are also tragedies in which a satisfactory solution of the tragic situation is attained.

Add "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" and "Brooklyn's Finest" to your queue as well if you are into this kinda thing. Interesting that Ethan Hawke is in both of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought it was a good flick with a good ending I get tired of all the happy go lucky everything works out endings in movies in western media. </div></div>

Go back a few millenniums and think "Greek Tragedy". Not a new Holy-weird invention.

Introduction to Greek Tragedy
Genre - Tragedy

As was noted in the discussion of the Iliad, the word "tragedy" refers primarily to tragic drama: a literary composition written to be performed by actors in which a central character called a tragic protagonist or hero suffers some serious misfortune which is not accidental and therefore meaningless, but is significant in that the misfortune is logically connected with the hero's actions. Tragedy stresses the vulnerability of human beings whose suffering is brought on by a combination of human and divine actions, but is generally undeserved with regard to its harshness. This genre, however, is not totally pessimistic in its outlook. Although many tragedies end in misery for the characters, there are also tragedies in which a satisfactory solution of the tragic situation is attained.

Add "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" and "Brooklyn's Finest" to your queue as well if you are into this kinda thing. Interesting that Ethan Hawke is in both of them. </div></div>

I love a good tragedy, or an epic struggle that ends the way of Hamlet.

Will add those thanks 9h