• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lazser cutting foam residual oil problem

Pahighlander

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2013
I cut the holes for my shells in a pelican case. looks good but now I got oily substance in the holes. Any ideas on how to remove that

Attachments

• foam cut.JPG
    foam cut.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 26
not a fan of open cell foam that can hold moisture for gun stuff.
no clue on what that "oil" is, but i recommend coating it with plasti-dip or something so it isn't a sponge.

It is an air tight Pelican case V200. I needed something long enough to hold my cheytac shells. the Dawn worked great, that was an awesome idea.
Thanks again

Looks like it's in an airtight Pelican style case. If stored correctly (like that) open cell isn't an issue unless it sits for ten years...
Or, entirely hypothetically, someone leaves a case of fitted foam, with a thermal and tanks in it open in the rain and doesn't tell you so you only notice when doing post-field PMCS two weeks later. :mad:

Hypothetically.

Or, entirely hypothetically, someone leaves a case of fitted foam, with a thermal and tanks in it open in the rain and doesn't tell you so you only notice when doing post-field PMCS two weeks later. :mad:

Hypothetically.

Sounds like
sabotage.gif

It's always a good idea to put some desiccant packs (or the end of a pantyhose filled with rice) in any sealed case that has things in it that can oxidize. Same reason I have two golden rods and industrial desiccant in my safe.

Make sure that foam is bone dry before using it.

Reactions: shoobe01