• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lc 22 Lr 308 brass primer flash hole question

GreenGO Juan

Standing on the edge of forever.
Minuteman
May 27, 2021
Milky Way Galaxy
So I grabbed a bunch of Lc 22Lr head stamped range pick ups. Upon depriming and inspecting notice the flash hole has been heavily angled.

9A634EDC-0319-4156-9F2A-8B5C82C6904F.jpeg

I have never seen this before on any brass and wondering if this was factory applied or have I picked up some botched cases. And need to scrape it?

Anyone else seen this on 22 lc lr.

Angled?
I’ve got job idea what you’re trying to describe or show with picture focused on your counter.

Angled?
I’ve got job idea what you’re trying to describe or show with picture focused on your counter.
??

The entry to the flash hole has ruffly a 45deg angle.

02AE91C3-1C37-40EA-930A-3780DAD675A8.jpeg

Area inbetween the red circles is bevel.

Camera on my phone will not focus any better.

If you say so. Zooming in and further fuzzing an already fuzzy pic doesn’t really improve the image or perspective.

Is it every case or just that one? You used both singular and plural to describe the issue.
Is it smooth and machined or jagged and eroded?

None that new , got LC LR and LC MATCH, I'll get some out and check, from your pictures the holes look "off center". Maybe if you got a piece of wire that was a snug fit in the hole that ran a few inch's out the hole to show the angle you are talking about ?

None that new , got LC LR and LC MATCH, I'll get some out and check, from your pictures the holes look "off center". Maybe if you got a piece of wire that was a snug fit in the hole that ran a few inch's out the hole to show the angle you are talking about ?
The flashes holes are fairly centered, pic was taken at an angle. I have looked at all of them.

Is it smooth and machined or jagged and eroded?
definitely not machined, more jagged and eroded. Not 100% consistent but close. Looking at it does not inspire confidence and why I am asking.

I need a better camera to get a clear image. I understand it is not a good pic. I think this was done by some one, IE not at the lake city plant but wanted to ask if an others have seen this. I have a ton of other LC brass going back to the 60' up until 2016, none of it has a bevel on the flash hole like this.