• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lc 5.56

_shawn_

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Ft worth, tx
Since lake city brass is unavailable again what is everyone shooting now? I need to buy some brass very soon

Last edited:
I haven't shot any yet but my 100 rnds varied from 99.5 gr's to 101.9 gr's. Lowest wt on top. Each row is 0.10 gr increment.
IMG_E1813.JPG

Since lake city brass is unavailable again what is everyone shooting now? I need to buy some brass very soon

Is there a specific reason LC is currently unavailable? Also are you referring to once fired or new?

I may have been under a rock the past few months and missed something. :)

My understanding is the govt LC brass is now being scrapped instead of sold at auction to the highest bidder.

My understanding is the govt LC brass is now being scrapped instead of sold at auction to the highest bidder.

Am I assuming correctly you are referring to once fired brass or does this include new unloaded brass? I ask because I've been picking up 1k of new LC brass every other year for a few years now. I can still find it in stock online, but not with my typical vendor. Thanks for any clarity.

I was referring to once fired brass. New LC is very hard to find imo. I have seen some Jagemann brass for sale online for $100 per 500.

Reactions: bunsen27
That stuff is in stock because it’s over priced. That’s dirty once fired for what new LC cost less than a year ago at Grafs.

We have not noticed for brass to be too critical even when shooting precision, YMMV. The only brass that was vastly different was brass from MEN ammo. It was BEEFY.

PB

I buy new LC when I see it in stock. for the prices, its not worth fussing with primer crimps. I bought some from Graf's a few months ago. LC18 stamped.

Wish you had posted this three days ago. I had the chance to get 15k pieces for free. I didn't need it so I told him no and give it to someone who did need it.

Wish you had posted this three days ago. I had the chance to get 15k pieces for free. I didn't need it so I told him no and give it to someone who did need it.

Damn.. any chance this is in central Florida?

Um... that's against the religion around here man. I think lowlight has to come take your reloader card now... possibly the man card as well.

Well that may have to happen. But others who needed it got it. So I think I did ok.?

Well that may have to happen. But others who needed it got it. So I think I did ok.?

Haha, man I take as much as I can from our work range. I've given a ton away to guys that need it and dont have access to it.

You guys that like LC brass might try the Nammo Tactical (head stamp NT), it's the Lapua military stuff. It's top shelf and about the same price as LC. You can find it at Powder Valley.

Reactions: bunsen27