• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LC cancels commercial contracts.

MTRecon

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 10, 2017
    Lewistown, Montana
    Screenshot_20231017_054345_Google.jpg

Didn’t this rumor come around in 2022, and way back in the nobama reign as well?

Reactions: M4orturnate
    Back in 2006 at that time we where looking to buy ammo from Israel and S. Korea because our stocks where low.

All this crap going on right now and going back to Iraq and Afghanistan days etc...

I can only imagine what our stock supply looks like right now... and on top of that we are on the edge of WW3!

I'd turn the faucet off on commercial sales as well if it was my decision.

Back in 2006 at that time we where looking to buy ammo from Israel and S. Korea because our stocks where low.

All this crap going on right now and going back to Iraq and Afghanistan days etc...

I can only imagine what our stock supply looks like right now... and on top of that we are on the edge of WW3!

This is likely only the very beginning of a larger trend from all the manufacturers of ammo and other stuff.

When my ARNG unit mobilized in 2005 - we were firing PMC and IMI ammo for rifle qualifications.

After spending years collecting and buying LC 5.56 range brass to reload I'm happy I bought a case of 5.56mm brass for my AR15 precision rifle.

This is likely only the very beginning of a larger trend from all the manufacturers of ammo and other stuff.
    That is exactly why there are so many small ammo manufacturer's set up around the country...... Actually Machine shops, also, that are producing the automated equipment to manufacture ammo.
    A blind man could have seen this coming long ago. All the previous shortages were road signs to where we are heading.
    It's just a matter of sourcing components... Not like building a computer chip plant... The mid-1800s breech-loaders opened the door for mass produced ammo.
    Procuring food will become more difficult that sourcing ammo. Many road signs there, also.

Zero surprise. You don’t feed two wars and not have ramifications.
    Which is the other? Cause I'm pretty sure Israel has their own asses covered.

What does IMI stand for in ammo?

IMI Systems, previously Israel Military Industries, also referred to as Ta'as (Hebrew: תע"ש מערכות ,התעשייה הצבאית), was an Israeli weapons manufacturer. It manufactured weapons, munitions and military technology mainly for Israeli security forces (especially Israel's army, the Israel Defense Forces or IDF).

Reactions: Sblzrd65
    Which is the other? Cause I'm pretty sure Israel has their own asses covered.

What does IMI stand for in ammo?

IMI Systems, previously Israel Military Industries, also referred to as Ta'as (Hebrew: תע"ש מערכות ,התעשייה הצבאית), was an Israeli weapons manufacturer. It manufactured weapons, munitions and military technology mainly for Israeli security forces (especially Israel's army, the Israel Defense Forces or IDF).
    You think the timing in coincidence? We supply countries all over the world, including Israel.

You think the timing in coincidence? We supply countries all over the world, including Israel.
    No, I genuinely think that something else is up. Going way out on a limb here, but maybe, just maybe...a wise move would be to cut the ammo supply, creating artificial increases in price and a little panic. I mean, how many more distractions do we need before the next election cycle? I mean, this stuff hasn't exactly been headline news lately.

No, I genuinely think that something else is up. Going way out on a limb here, but maybe, just maybe...a wise move would be to cut the ammo supply, creating artificial increases in price and a little panic. I mean, how many more distractions do we need before the next election cycle? I mean, this stuff hasn't exactly been headline news lately.

Of course something else is up.
    Where have you been ?

default (1).jpg
    images (1).jpeg
    lf.jpeg
    71lhbEW7-wL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    0082e12f3094a96d4d837abaf747ebad.jpg

I'm surprised the current administration hasn't done something like this more.

If you haven't set aside a combat load by now...

Does anyone one ever think that cerbius and those conglomerates just create the problem and supply the cure?
    Because it looks like that everyday.

View attachment 8251500View attachment 8251501View attachment 8251502View attachment 8251503View attachment 8251504

I'm surprised the current administration hasn't done something like this more.

If you haven't set aside a combat load by now...

Does anyone one ever think that cerbius and those conglomerates just create the problem and supply the cure?
    Because it looks like that everyday.
    If you are surprised by this administration then you have not been watching the "progression of failure" they brought in.
    Food will be the bottom line. Don't be surprised, again.
    1697627580647.png

its all going to be shipped to Iran, the Taliban and Hamas....how else are they gonna feed all those M4s we left them.
    Shooting full auto in the air every time they celebrate something or have a wedding goes through some rounds too.

• Haha
    Reactions: 1911hombre
    It is owned by the people.

Do we live in a communist country? No "the people" do not own the plant and it is not obligated to provide "the people" with ammo. Why is it that the communists always use that phrase to describe government property and my property?

Since 1941, it has been "owned" by the United States Army. It was built to provide the United States Army with small arms ammunition. It's sole function is to provide the United States Army and other parts of the Department of Defense with small arms ammunition. Since it is operated with a revolving contracts by the various major major small arms makers they occasionally use excess production to bolster their own factories for commercial sales.

It is a mystery to me why people think they have some inherent right to buy LC products. Give Karl Marx a big kiss on his ass for me.

Do we live in a communist country? No "the people" do not own the plant and it is not obligated to provide "the people" with ammo. Why is it that the communists always use that phrase to describe government property and my property?

Since 1941, it has been "owned" by the United States Army. It was built to provide the United States Army with small arms ammunition. It's sole function is to provide the United States Army and other parts of the Department of Defense with small arms ammunition. Since it is operated with a revolving contracts by the various major major small arms makers they occasionally use excess production to bolster their own factories for commercial sales.

It is a mystery to me why people think they have some inherent right to buy LC products. Give Karl Marx a big kiss on his ass for me.
    Does the DoD have any of it's own money, or has it been appropriated from the tax payer?

Like said above. This happened during the GWoT surge. I didn't experience it then because ammo was paid for by uncle sugar.

Since then I've missed opportunities and I've grasped them as they come by. I'm not raising my blood pressure at this.
    I just wish they would fuck off with primers. It's what, ten dollars worth of paste and metal?

It's definitely a sign of what's to come or at least expected from higher.

The current culmination of all of this and everything else in the world. Thats what's hard to keep a guys blood pressure from spiking.

Yeah. They sold out before the end of the day. They are selling guns like crazy too, so much so that they are at a week back log with the state on backgrounds, might be longer. The state has turned on their automated answering system - might be going to longer waiting periods due to the states inability to keep up with backgrounds. During covid it hit a 3+ month waiting time for a year. A good reason to have the CCW - no waiting.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Yeah. They sold out before the end of the day. They are selling guns like crazy too, so much so that they are at a week back log with the state on backgrounds, might be longer. The state has turned on their automated answering system - might be going to longer waiting periods due to the states inability to keep up with backgrounds. During covid it hit a 3+ month waiting time for a year. A good reason to have the CCW - no waiting.
    But, again........ If there is anyone out there who has waited until the final hour.
    Shame on them. How many warnings does a person need.
    You can't save them all.

Ammo has been for sale for everyone’s entire lives. Should have been buying regularly until you reached a level you’re comfortable with.

Sell off excess during high demand and replace when cheaper with double.

Of course the down side to speculating is you could be wrong, lol.

Ammo has been for sale for everyone’s entire lives. Should have been buying regularly until you reached a level you’re comfortable with.

History shows eventually you will be right

Can't tell you how many times I have done this. :)

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Isn't the Army in the middle of swapping calibers? Does anyone think that once this gets along in the process we will see surplus 556 dumped out on the civilian market?

So yes, and then no. Assuming current production will just slow down and then off. No need to make extra to deal with when not needed.

Isn't the Army in the middle of swapping calibers? Does anyone think that once this gets along in the process we will see surplus 556 dumped out on the civilian market?
    Ford, Chevy or Dodge....... Does not matter what the other guy is driving. Focus on what you are driving and keep it well fed and maintained.

You can never have too much ammo unless you are drowning or on fire.

Edit: I never sell ammo it might come back to you.

Reactions: Winningdog
    Per LC on Facebook 10/30/23.

View attachment 8277737

Might be a play on words. Their email to the stores states they are canceling all current orders and not accepting any new orders until further notice. So, they do not say they are "canceling" any "contracts" but they are not shipping any orders or accepting any new orders for commercial sales. Either way we are not recieving any ammo orders from them.

Reactions: msgriff