• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LC Match 308 brass?

HomeSlice

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2009
IN, USA
I've got a 2000 round case of Match brass (LC 92 Match, I think) that I got from the CMP many yrs ago. It's the stuff w/ the knurled area just above the case head. Virgin brass.

Has anyone used this stuff? How good is it, or what are some of the issues? I realize it's not Laupa...

Alternatively, what's this worth?

Thanks,
-Slice

Re: LC Match 308 brass?

LC M852 Brass
It should have a headstamp that says LC MATCH + The Year.

Excellent brass.
I know several people that only use this brass for their hand loads.
The main thing to realize is that is has a smaller case volume than other brass such as Lapua or Winchester.

As far as putting a value on it,
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1271202
I would think it would go for around $448 using previous sales as a benchmark.

Homey, Outside is joking, dude; that's sought-after brass by some, especially M-14 service rifle shooters.

Homeslice,
Good... is relative. But I think it’s just as good as anything outside of Lapua. I have resized LC Match for my 7-08 and it’s great for most non-compressed loads.

Worth... I would say to the ones that have used it they would prefer it over REM/ WIN brass and would pay a similar price to get it.

Note: Mine did not have the knurled are?
Can you put up a pic?

I'll try to get a pic up, but not done it before. Gimme a day or so -- the stuff is at home.

Thanks all for the input!

-Slice

I have a pic but can't post it -- only on my laptop. Want me to email it to you, maybe you could post? Correction, BTW, it's LC94 Match...

Thanks,
-Slice

I have a batch of that stuff ('93) that I've recently started to use. Case volume by my measurement is the same as federal match (that I have).

Works well for me in my bolt gun and it's tough as nails. I wish I would have bought more from CMP at the time now.

ET

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: echotango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a batch of that stuff ('93) that I've recently started to use. Case volume by my measurement is the same as federal match (that I have).

Works well for me in my bolt gun and it's tough as nails. I wish I would have bought more from CMP at the time now.

ET</div></div>

;-)

I have LC-91 Match brass(M852) that I've been using for years. I got 3 cases when I shot at my last Pac-Fleet match in 94. Stuff is GREAT, it's my go to brass when i cant get Lapua. Right now my Kimber Advanced Tactical and my 700p have 500 rnds fitted to each rifle. Both batches get annealed after every 10 reloads. I dont loose many cases this way. My normal load udes 43.5 IMR-4964 and a 168 bullet.

I use Lapua for a dedicated 1,000-yard Palma bolt rifle. I use Lake City for everything else (700s and AR-10).

I have Lake City Match cases dating back to 1964, 72, 85, 87, buttloads of 1993 and 94, a CMP Sales 20mm Vulcan can of 96, and smaller batches of 99 and 01.

It is very tough stuff and lasts forever, especially out of autoloaders. I've got some that we went 45 grains of Varget and moly-ed 175s that are still going strong after three or four firings from M14s/M1As.

It's great stuff for bolts or AR-10s.

Reactions: camocorvette