• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LC match brass

metalic

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2010
Illinois
I just had a buddy offer me 100 once fired Lake City match 308 brass for 25 bucks. Does this sound about right? I have never messed with LC brass and is there anything special with the primer pockets? Is this quality brass?

Thanks

Re: LC match brass

I am using LC match 88. Works good for me. It is thicker than most brass, so mind your pressure signs. I am using 44.8 gr. Of varget under a 168 MK.

the price seems fair, has he fired them .there is nothing reguired to do for the primer pockets, since the match and LR are designed for DM (m14's and bolt guns)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had a buddy offer me 100 once fired Lake City match 308 brass for 25 bucks. Does this sound about right? I have never messed with LC brass and is there anything special with the primer pockets? Is this quality brass?

Thanks </div></div>

That's quite a bit over priced but it's great brass $15 is where you should be if it's once fired, if it's more than that then I'd skip it. Just be careful with your loads. Being thicker, you'll have to down-load by about a grain (.8) in my case.

i have been using various years of LC and love it. its thick but i dont have problems with pressure symptoms cause i dont run flat out.

my pet load right now is
155 scenar
50.5 gr alliant 2000mr
wlr primer
lc brass
seated to 2.880

velocity is 2999.4 average

Reactions: camocorvette

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

velocity is 2999.4 average </div></div>

In a .308?

Man that's a hump'n round.

I use Varget 44ish grains on my 155s and have only pushed them to the 2850fps range.

It's good brass, I've been using LC96 match, and haven't had any problems. It does need to be annealed after about 3 firings.....IMHO. It's all I load with in 308 now. Lapua brass is probally better though.

It's great brass, I have the 95 LC Match that I use in my M1A.

Get some and try it out. If you have a good supply of LC Match brass go with it. Otherwise get new Winchester or Lapua.

My M1A load:
168 Nosler CC or SMK
41.5 H4895
CCI Primer #34 Uniformed pockets
FL sized and prep with a Giraud
Trim - 2.005
OAL - 2.800

I'm getting 100 223 once fired, sized, & tumbled and the 100 LC 308 for 30 bucks. He wanted 10 bucks for the 223 and 25 for the 308 but will take 30 for all. Sounds like a decent price Agree?

I have a lot of once fired 223 that I could throw this in with but just recently picked up my 308 and need some brass.

That's not a bad deal..I would stick with one type of brass for ease of load development. Makes life much easier.