• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LC tracer rounds

dmiller369

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2012
i bought 10 old 1995 tracers at the gun show for a little fun.

should i reload these to make them more likely to shoot or just shoot and see what happens?

i have some IMR 4895 on hand.and if i should relad them is there anything special that needs done?

thanks

Re: LC tracer rounds

Missing what you're saying here. You have loaded rounds that you want to break down and reload for better accuracy, or you have 10 bullets that you want to reload?

Just shoot them. I have a good stack of them and they're a lot of fun at dusk. I'd say about 90% of them light.

do they light at short distances? or are they typically after a few hundred feet/yards

It usually takes a few hundred yards before they will light. The story goes that when tracers first came out they would light right out of the barrel but it was giving away the position of the shooter. So they changed it sot that it wouldn't light until it was out there a ways. Not sure if this is true or not but what I have heard. They are a lot of fun to shoot at long range. It you hit a rock or something hard it will show you where your bullet bounces to. Kind of crazy sometimes what a bullet does.

It usually takes a few hundred yards before they will light. The story goes that when tracers first came out they would light right out of the barrel but it was giving away the position of the shooter. So they changed it sot that it wouldn't light until it was out there a ways. Not sure if this is true or not but what I have heard. They are a lot of fun to shoot at long range. It you hit a rock or something hard it will show you where your bullet bounces to. Kind of crazy sometimes what a bullet does.

Mine light about 300 yrds downrange and last for about 3 seconds before they burn out. I also have the benefit of an unlimited distance shooting range so...