• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LE Sniper Comm's

bterry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
North Carolina
What are you guys using for communication headsets. Boom mics or throat mics and what supply company sells them, thanks.

Re: LE Sniper Comm's

I got in the habit of just clipping my lapel mic where my support hand could key it once I got into position.

Most of the time it wasn't an issue because I had another officer to cover my six and relay info on the radio.

I would love a set of those ears, but that ain't in the budget.

I've used a lapel mic as well in the past. My current setup for the rifle is a PTT on my chest rig near my chest with an earphone in my left ear.
We have the TEA X50 with the X5 bone mics/earphone setup on our heavy armor and are testing a finger PTT for the off/support hand for our sniper application. It not only works for comms we can turn the sensativity of the ambient sound separate from the comms.

http://www.teaheadsets.com/Digital%20Ears.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like the Allied Signal bone conduction headsets. Very customizeable, I run a fingertip switch that lets me talk in position with no movement required.

Allied Signal SWAT headsets </div></div>

Those were what we had been running for the past several years. They worked very well but the recent switch for us was due to the upcoming Superbowl, we needed something that we could use inside the stadium during the game. The noise level prevented bone conduction from working very well.

cup_phones.jpg

We use a series of gun shots to relay messages. Kinda like morse code.