• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Learning to shoot precision without any guidance.

Photobug

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2021
Jackson, WY
I am trying to get into precision shooting. Until about 6 months ago I had not shot in 30 years, and had never shot with a scope or past 25 yards. I have done a little outfitting with my CZ452 to get started. The nearest precision rimfire shooting competitions to me are 3 hours away. From what I can tell after a winter of shooting locally no one is into precision shooting other than for hunting, the most active group are the IDPA pistol shooting.

I have shot twice with my scoped rifle and feel I am grouping out to 50 yards but it all falls apart at 100 yards. I am still just learning how to use the scope sighting it and determining elevation drop. I was probably shooting 2moa out to 50 then all over the place at 100 yards. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and don't have the skills to even tell if the ammo, setup or shooter is the problem, I am guessing the latter.

My concern is without any guidance I learn bad habits that will cost me money down the road in training and trying to unlearn. All the precision shooting courses I see are geared towards real guns out to 1000 yards and beyond.

I have been a couple thousand rounds to work out what I am doing wrong but should I consider traveling and taking a class to start out?

One last question. I have only seen anyone shoot from benches, which is what I have been doing, midweek I usually have the range to myself, should I start trying to shoot prone?

Pay for a supporter account. Watch the training videos on fundamentals in particular. Shoot bench or prone or however you like. If you can get some of the recommended match ammo to try, you’ll be able to tell if your ammo is working ok. As long as nothing is loose, scope rings, etc, you probably don’t need to stress about gun setup just yet. Work on breathing and follow through at 50 yds. Work out longer as you get better and realize that 2x the distance doesn’t equal 2x groups size. When you are confident in your skills, you can start chasing ultimate accuracy more effectively. Also, just because people are focused on hunting doesn’t mean they don’t know how to shoot really well but I understand about looking for a community that’s hard to find in some locales.

Reactions: Newbie2020
I am trying to get into precision shooting. Until about 6 months ago I had not shot in 30 years, and had never shot with a scope or past 25 yards. I have done a little outfitting with my CZ452 to get started. The nearest precision rimfire shooting competitions to me are 3 hours away. From what I can tell after a winter of shooting locally no one is into precision shooting other than for hunting, the most active group are the IDPA pistol shooting.

I have shot twice with my scoped rifle and feel I am grouping out to 50 yards but it all falls apart at 100 yards. I am still just learning how to use the scope sighting it and determining elevation drop. I was probably shooting 2moa out to 50 then all over the place at 100 yards. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and don't have the skills to even tell if the ammo, setup or shooter is the problem, I am guessing the latter.

My concern is without any guidance I learn bad habits that will cost me money down the road in training and trying to unlearn. All the precision shooting courses I see are geared towards real guns out to 1000 yards and beyond.

I have been a couple thousand rounds to work out what I am doing wrong but should I consider traveling and taking a class to start out?

One last question. I have only seen anyone shoot from benches, which is what I have been doing, midweek I usually have the range to myself, should I start trying to shoot prone?
Save a ton of money on ammo and take one if @lowlight classes. It's very organized and professional. I learned more in the 180 rounds or so that I shot in class than I did in hundreds and hundreds trying to learn on my own.

Pay for a supporter account. Watch the training videos on fundamentals in particular. Shoot bench or prone or however you like. If you can get some of the recommended match ammo to try, you’ll be able to tell if your ammo is working ok. As long as nothing is loose, scope rings, etc, you probably don’t need to stress about gun setup just yet. Work on breathing and follow through at 50 yds. Work out longer as you get better and realize that 2x the distance doesn’t equal 2x groups size. When you are confident in your skills, you can start chasing ultimate accuracy more effectively. Also, just because people are focused on hunting doesn’t mean they don’t know how to shoot really well but I understand about looking for a community that’s hard to find
I have been shooting around once week none precision all winter. The people are few and far between so far. It still snows once a week. I figured a serious hunter could test my gun for me but I have yet felt like bothering the one other shooter at the range. I think things may open up in summer. I will also ask the rangemaster this weekend to see if he suggests someone local into precision shooting.

I recently got a bunch more ammo including some precision rounds, up till now I have been shooting bulk hollow point ammo. Based on my last performance I am not sure if I am shooting well enough to know or judge one ammo from the rest.

Shooting for recreational purposes does not force you to do anything you do not like. You can shoot precision rifle on the bench too. Do what you want to do.

That said, I would recommend trying different positions.

I have shot a lot of 22LR past 3 years.
Very rarely rifle, maybe 200-400 and most were with irons.

Once I moved to rifle primarily, noticed I had started to cradle the rifle and this affected my shooting for a while.

Cradle = rifle is in the shoulder and the support hand shoulder comes forward and towards the rifle. This caused me to be tilted among other things. Not an issue with 22 but shooting semi under 1moa, it is better to keep a square stance.

Start paying close attention to your position. It is very hard since you might move a lot when finding your position and end up in a suboptimal position. Before going to the ground look where your right foot and left side of your hip should be and try to move within those bounds.

To get accuracy out of that 22LR I would recommend cleaning the barrel (soaking it with Bore Tech Rimfire Blend) and trying different stock screw torque values. Start from low torque (barely keeps the action tight) and shoot 10 round groups with ammo from makers below, always tightening both screws just a bit, around 1/6 of turn if you do not have torque tools. After you have found the best torque, and you will, test few lots of different ammo, namely SK Pistol Match Special, Long Range, Rifle Match, Standard Plus. From Lapua Center-X and Pistol King and from Eley just Match. 50 rounds well spent make enough for a proper test.

Grab whatever you can, and try if any lot you got makes good groups. If it winds do at 50, if it is windless 100 is good too.

While testing the 50 rounds, use 6 targets. 1 background target that is kept at the same place while all other targets are placed on top of that.

Shoot 10 round groups and try to spot anomalies. Like every few round landing somewhere off-target.

Here is an example from my testing, sorry for huge pic I cannot edit it here on cellphone.
20210422_075810.jpg

I combine my groups with software so I do not use a background target.

Try to spot fliers and rate targets for extreme spread, but also look at how round the group is. Do not forget practical side, for training purposes an ammo that makes close 1moa groups with occasional fliers might still be very valuable, as long as you call the fliers accordingly.

22LR is very good for training optics use, both turrets and reticle. I suggest drawing targets around the target that you have to hit by using turrets, keeping aim only at the center all the time.

I suggest asking the hosts of nearest courses for possibilities to attend with 22LR.

After all, if they have 1000 range they could make a 50 to 300 range for you.

100 yards with a .22 is farther than the majority of gun owners ever attempt.

With a good rifle and match ammo you should be able to turn a decent group at 50yards.
At 100yards variations in velocity even with match ammo will cause vertical stringing. Try to group them as best you can left to right and dont get to wrapped up about the vertical.
There is a thread here called the "whole box" or something like that. I tried it with a chronograph using SK match in my "custom" 10/22, an 80fps difference made a shot drop off the paper.(Photo below.) Using a 36x bench rest scope, my POI (point of impact) was set to be 2" below the POA (point of aim).

Eventually your rifle and ammo will be your limiting factor.

As mentioned above, become a site supporter and watch the videos on the fundementals to start with.

Attachments

• 20201108_101945.jpg
    20201108_101945.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
3 hour ride to where guys shoot precision rimfire matches sounds like a good investment to check out. Online studies here and a short trip on a weekend day to get involved to what ever degree.

3 hour ride to where guys shoot precision rimfire matches sounds like a good investment to check out. Online studies here and a short trip on a weekend day to get involved to what ever degree.
I just know the closest place to have had a competition in the past was a location 3 hours from here as far as I know Pocatello Idaho has nothing planned this coming year. In this area people and towns are far apart. I would guess any competition will draw people from a long radius. I have been looking at all local ranges and will contact them to see if they have a contingent of precision shooters. Next nice weekend I will go to my local range to talk to the rangemaster to see if he knows of someone local who trains to shoot precision.

In my search I have found a local company offering precision training but would have to sell a vehicle to attend.

Work out longer as you get better and realize that 2x the distance doesn’t equal 2x groups size.
Can you explain why this is so? I have only shot scoped twice and from 25 to 50 I found my groups were roughly twice the size, at 100 yards shots could no even be called a group. It was my first time shooting to 100 yards so it could have been a fluke. Hopefully I can shoot tomorrow to see if I can do better.

Sudy up on 22lr ammo, the ballistics and uneven ES/SD depending on brands and lot.

You can have 90fps variation between rounds, and running 1000/1090 at .140 BC abd 40gr, performance starts to deteriorate. I think someone said even if its 1MOA @50 and then its 1.5MOA@100 is better guestimate of expectations. ...and if you think 100 is fun try 200yd 😅

That being said, people shoot CCI SV and SK+ with decent results so you don't always need to most expensive stuff.

Can you explain why this is so? I have only shot scoped twice and from 25 to 50 I found my groups were roughly twice the size, at 100 yards shots could no even be called a group. It was my first time shooting to 100 yards so it could have been a fluke. Hopefully I can shoot tomorrow to see if I can do better.
What I meant was, if you’d shoot 1” groups at 50 yds, you probably won’t shoot 2” groups at 100. Just because it’s twice as far you likely won’t shoot a group that’s only twice as big. Especially with rimfire wherein the variability from round to round is harder to control, the wind has a lot of effect at 100, your errors get amplified by more time in flight, etc. My point was don’t let your expectations get unrealistic. 100 yards is a long shot for a rimfire and a new-ish shooter and your groups will be bigger...possibly quite a lot bigger. As the distances increase so does the group size and it’s not exactly linear. I can shoot 1/2” groups reliably with my centerfire gun at 100 yards but there’s no way I’m shooting even 10” groups, let alone 5”, at 1000 with the same gun/conditions.

Also, I think it’s really helpful to define what your goal is, in terms of accuracy. Are you just trying to win Benchrest comps by shooting tiny groups? That’s a different accuracy expaectation and skill set than NRL22 type comps. Clearly knowing what you want to achieve will allow you to set your expectations in a meaningful way and organize your practice accordingly. Spending a ton of time trying to print tiny groups is a waste of ammo if engaging two-MOA targets from barricades and improvised positions is your goal. Likewise, shooting from prone is dumb if benchrest is your game.

On the topic of community, I would absolutely start by visiting any ranges that are close enough to drive to. You might be surprised by finding a group or two with similar interests. No one on here is going to tell you training isn’t worth the cost but you can do a lot by watching reputable training content online and being thoughtful about your range sessions. At some point, @lowlight said he thought only 10% of the stuff on Snipers Hide was useful/accurate so bear that in mind as you browse the internet-webs. If Fort Collins, CO can be arranged, there’s a rimfire academy coming up there that isn’t unusually expensive. https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-only-rimfire-academy-2-day

I just know the closest place to have had a competition in the past was a location 3 hours from here as far as I know Pocatello Idaho has nothing planned this coming year. In this area people and towns are far apart. I would guess any competition will draw people from a long radius. I have been looking at all local ranges and will contact them to see if they have a contingent of precision shooters. Next nice weekend I will go to my local range to talk to the rangemaster to see if he knows of someone local who trains to shoot precision.

In my search I have found a local company offering precision training but would have to sell a vehicle to attend.

Looks like they have a match in June:

Perhaps contact the club/range and inquire about practice or smaller events.

Website https://www.facebook.com/groups/1188467724661756 Email [email protected] Phone 2088811975 Address
Oregon Trail Range

9999 West 2 1/2 Mile Road

Pocatello ID 83202

Fundamentals is the key and the pre-requisite. And I would say "prone" is the default position to start with.
Good rifle, optic and ammo are also pre-requisites, at least good enough to get the results you are after. Sub 1 IPHY groups is the first goal, thenb .75 IPHY, then 0.50 IPHY. Some go for 0.25 IPHY.

You can shoot 30 cal at 100yds or .22LR at 50yds or even .22LR at 25yds. .22LR will test all aspects of fundamentals EXCEPT position. So, .22LR by itself is not sufficient to develop full range of fundamentals, though it will help with sight picture, trigger control and breathing.

I use 1/4 inch dots as targets for .22LR. Shoot a string of 30 quarter inch dots, one shot per dot. At 25yds you should be able to tag them all and center punch most of them. So .22LR can definitely be part of the program of developing fundamentals, but cannot be the entire program.

For 30 cal, you want a bolt gun. I won't get into debate about which one, that could be a separate thread :D But a bolt gun removes some variables and you want to focus on fundamentals. The "shooter" part of the weapons system.

It is worth attending some training on position. It is difficult to view your position if you are you. I've tried using camera and tripods looking down at me and in extremis you can make that work, but its a PITA and the feedback cycle is longer. The key is to get "right behind the rifle" so your body will absorb the recoil, coming straight to the rear and not deviate the gun to the left or right as it recoils. So you have to be "right behind the rifle" ... and it is difficult for a person to judge if they are right behind the rifle or canted off to the side. That's where training and observer can help.

==
And you are never done working on fundaments. This is a fine motor skill and ideally requires daily practice to maintain. I live on a cattle ranch, so I can shoot "in my backyard" every day ... and that's the goal, shoot a little every day ... like 20 rds per day ... that's FAR better than 100yds once per week as lots of rounds quickly can cause various issues like eye fatigue (looking through magnified optics a lot in a short time). So lots more rounds can introduce more variables. Maybe some can shoot 100+ rds with no sorts of fatigue, but I've learned to detect signs of eye fatigue in me and I stop at that point, though actually I design my sessions to avoid it.

==
Once your fundamentals are showing improvement "up and to the right" ... and group average group sizes are falling consistently (I track every round and every group in a spreadsheet) ... then you will find other positions besides prone can be conquered. I shoot most of my rounds off RRS tripod, but I've been shooting off tripods for six years ... tripod shooting takes a BUNCH of practice and I wouldn't start there. I'd definitely start with prone.

And shoot the best ammo you can get. Remove that variable. For .22LR either ELEY or Center-X and shoot sub-sonic only. Unfortunately, these days, getting such ammo may be impossible. Shoot .22LR at 25yds at first maybe and once that gets boring then move to 50yds. You can get a "cheap" chinese scope, like an athlon to shoot at 25yds so it will parallax down to 25yds as that all you need it to do. You need to be able to zero at 25yds and parallax at 25yds. You don't need it to do anything else.

Otherwise, shoot the 30 cal rifle at 100yds.

==
Its been a hecque of a journey for me learning HOW to develop and sustain fundamentals and I jumped into this thread because like the OP I had to do it by myself. I'm in rural area and we don't have people around here that do this. I did finally take a class that taught details on a good prone position and definitely recommend a class like that. I think the milestones on my journey were:

1 - Sight picture - finally being able to tell if I have a good sight picture through a rifle scope. Yes, looking for the shadows sounds easy, but for me "easy is hard" and it took at least a year. You also need to get really solid setting the diopter and the parallax. And don't assume anything is "easy". As at least for me "easy is hard" :)
2 - Trigger control - this one made the most difference to group size. Took me from 1.5 to .75 .. it was "magic" ... this can be taught, but for me I just stumbled into it by firing various different rifles. One of those (a crappy REM700 wally world gun) had a hogue stock on it and for whatever reason I was getting 0.64 avg IPHY groups with it. Eventually I figured out it was the way that stock made me pull the trigger that was causing the improvement. I translated that idea to all other guns and the improvement came along.
3 - Position - this one really didn't go to the next level until after the class I mentioned above. But you will eventually be able to tell whether you have a solid position and are behind the rifle ... and if you're shooting 30 cal+ you'll definitely be able to tell after you pull the trigger as well !!!
4 - Breath control - this one is still tough for me ... but then I have not prioritized it ... though ... though my results have gotten into the "good enuff for what I've trying to do" ... so I mostly really focus on consistency. Sustaining small groups across as many sets of conditions as possible. That's my focus now.
5 - Ammo - I didn't think it mattered so much, but when I switched from AMAX 168gr for 308 to FGMM 175gr for 308, my group sizes dropped from .75 to .50 with many groups being .33-ish ... though avg across all conditions remains 0.50-ish. But the lesson learned which that AMMO MATTERS. Not that you can buy fundamentals, but using good ammo rules out yet another variable. And "good" doesn't mean high MV. Good means smallest group size with your rifle.

==
Well I've written too many words, but again the topic reasonates with me as I think I had the same questions as the OP nine years ago when I first started shooting scoped rifle :)

==
My .22LR setups as of about a year ago

46806468505_e3e9cb2adf_k.jpg

Top one is Tikka T1x with Althon 6-24x scope and center-x. The gun was $400-ish, the scope was $300-ish, chosen because it could parallax down to 10yds.
The bottom one is CMMG upper setup for night ratting. Using Eley HP.

Last edited:
Sudy up on 22lr ammo, the ballistics and uneven ES/SD depending on brands and lot.

You can have 90fps variation between rounds, and running 1000/1090 at .140 BC abd 40gr, performance starts to deteriorate. I think someone said even if its 1MOA @50 and then its 1.5MOA@100 is better guestimate of expectations. ...and if you think 100 is fun try 200yd 😅

That being said, people shoot CCI SV and SK+ with decent results so you don't always need to most expensive stuff.
That is one of the things I have been struggling with is ammo availability let alone consistency. My local gun store has had ammo in once in the last 6 months. I have been driving 2 hours to the nearest city to try to get ammo and also mail ordering at a huge premium. My last trip to the big city was a huge score, and along with two mail orders arriving, I now have a better selection of ammo to choose from.

I now have more ammo than I know what to do with it, I guess i could shoot it. My ammo purchases are so random, in the 7000 rounds of .22, I have 14 different types. I did finally get some Lapua 150 rounds of pistol and 400 rounds of Biathalon. Up till now the only ammo I was able to get in quantity was hollow point, and thinking it was a possible reason my groups out at 100 yards fell apart.

I also have 1600 rounds of federal in a rang pack at 1200 fps. I figure that might allow me to do some practicing and improving before trying out the Lapua. Photo included to show how varied my collection of .22 ammo is.
20210425_170802.jpg

If Fort Collins, CO can be arranged, there’s a rimfire academy coming up there that isn’t unusually expensive. https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-only-rimfire-academy-2-day
That is perfect. My wife has family in Denver so any excuse to go to Colorado works for the whole family.

Some of the other classes are very tempting but I know I would run out and buy an appropriate rifle the first time I hit steel out to 1000 yards. I want to wring the most out of my .22 before I attend another class and consider a large bore rifle.

So the bottom photo is an AR lower with a .22 upper?

Yes.

Though with current availability of CMMG uppers (I'm getting a second one - and am seeing 6 month lead time) it might not be optimal path. Plus I think for fundamentals development, the Tika is a better option because it removes more variables. And the Tiki may be more available than the CMMG uppers. Also, I'm not sure about availability of Eley and/or Center-X ammo these days, since I have bunches of bricks I haven't had to buy any lately. So, the whole .22LR "trainer" path, may not be practical right now due to availability issues. I'm not sure.

Ok, I see your ammo stash. Yes, you can probably make progress with the super sonic at 25yds and 1/4 dots with a scope that can parallax down that low. But for 50yds, the subsonic should be more precise due to no transonic zone to encounter.

Yes.

Though with current availability of CMMG uppers (I'm getting a second one - and am seeing 6 month lead time) it might not be optimal path. Plus I think for fundamentals development, the Tika is a better option because it removes more variables. And the Tiki may be more available than the CMMG uppers. Also, I'm not sure about availability of Eley and/or Center-X ammo these days, since I have bunches of bricks I haven't had to buy any lately. So, the whole .22LR "trainer" path, may not be practical right now due to availability issues. I'm not sure.

Ok, I see your ammo stash. Yes, you can probably make progress with the super sonic at 25yds and 1/4 dots with a scope that can parallax down that low. But for 50yds, the subsonic should be more precise due to no transonic zone to encounter.

Thanks,
I asked because I have built an AR upper which I have yet to shoot but am considering a CMMG upper in 9mm, possibly a banshee.

My parallax goes down to 25 yards.

... My parallax goes down to 25 yards ...

I looked back for what scope you are using and didn't see it. Just realize that because a manuf says scope parallaxes to 25yds, doesn't mean it does. It might parallax to 17yds or 21ys or 26yds or 29yds etc. Now a scope that says it focuses down to 10yds, should be safe for 25yds. That's why I had the Athlon and the NF ATACR 7-35x both of those said they parallaxed to 10yds and both did parallax to 25yds.

Also learning to set parallax is a thing.
Don't assume "in focus" means "parallax removed" unfortunately, on some scopes, they can be two different things.
Four states are possible:
1 - In focus - Parallax Removed
2 - In focus - Parallax not removed
3 - Out of focus - Parallax Removed
4 - Out of focus - Parallax not removed
On most "good scopes" the "in focus " and "parallax removed" should be the same ... but even on a few "good scopes" it is not (I will name no names here today).
So to set parallax, first set diopter ( I think there is a decent post on how to that stickied in the scope sub-forum)
Then set parallax. See if you get lucky, set it to where it is in focus, then move your head up and down (when I move side to side I move the rifle which I don't want to do - so I move head up and down) ... the reticle and target should move together not separately. If they move separately from each other there is still parallax (meaning there are two different focal planes). So first try adjusting one way a little and move your head and move a little and move your head, and repeat a few times and if that isn't removing the parallax go back and adjust the other way. There might be more elegant words to describe this process, but that's how I do it. The point is to actually remove the parallax not worry about the in focus part. Hopefully when parallax is removed, you will still be in focus, but might not be. And that will be an issue as eye fatigue will kick in earlier (I speak from experience :D ). And ideally, you want to get the scope fixed or else replace it. But I have shot .33 IPHY groups with a scope that was out of focus when parallax was removed ... though eye fatigue came really quickly with the scope I'm thinking of.

A thought on the parallax adjustment: I had a scope on which the parallax was very difficult to get adjusted. I read somewhere that it’s “better” to dial all the way to the extreme stop either way and then approach the parallax adjustment in one direction only. I don’t know what the author was using for his criteria regarding “better” but I know that I would get a lot of eye fatigue with that scope UNLESS I used that technique. Just a thought. The above discussion is pretty good.

If Fort Collins, CO can be arranged, there’s a rimfire academy coming up there that isn’t unusually expensive. https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-only-rimfire-academy-2-day

I signed both my wife and I up for this class, they were the last two openings.

I wish it was sooner as I am looking forward to getting started. I went out and shot at 25 and 50 yards yesterday, trying out the Federal ammo. The big surprise was I moved from the shooting bags to a bipod for the last couple groupings and my groups were more consistent with the bipod up front and no shooting bag rest in the back.

I decided not to concentrate on precision shooting till the class, I don't want to ingrain any bad habits before the class. I may go out and try some of the sub sonic ammo to see if that helps my 50 yard groupings.

Reactions: OREGUN
You won’t hurt yourself between now and that class especially if you’ve read Frank’s book and have some idea of what you’re doing. I can’t stress enough the dividends that you will earn by concentrating on site picture, breathing, trigger control and follow through. If you do nothing else, read those sections of the book and practice those things at the range. You can always make minor adjustments to how you address the rifle and you can always experiment with what the most stable position is for you. Breathe, press, freeze. If you have a head start practicing those things you will get even more from the class. I’m super glad to hear you got signed up. I wish I had done something like that when I was first starting out.

Jackson Wyoming.
I'm just over the mountain from you in the IF area. Just got my .22 set up myself and plan to start shooting the NRL 22 shoots over here. The Pocatello guys are planning on hosting an NRL22x shoot.
If you wanted to make a weekend trip the Snake River PRS guys also have a monthly shoot.

Little further away we have the Northern Utah guys doing PRS and NRL22 just over the boarder.

Reactions: Photobug
I'm just over the mountain from you in the IF area. Just got my .22 set up myself and plan to start shooting the NRL 22 shoots over here. The Pocatello guys are planning on hosting an NRL22x shoot.
If you wanted to make a weekend trip the Snake River PRS guys also have a monthly shoot.

Little further away we have the Northern Utah guys doing PRS and NRL22 just over the boarder.
I am over in IF all the time, more so now that ammo is impossible to get in Jackson. Last Friday was the best day yet, I got ammo in 4 out of 4 stops. I am hoping the ammo shortage is going to ease up.

It looks like the only planned .22 PRS matches are Western Idaho or Central Washington. I am willing to travel to visit meets but I would need to shoot sub MOA more consistently before I drive that far. Let's hope more matches open up more closer by this summer.

Reactions: flyfisher117
I am over in IF all the time, more so now that ammo is impossible to get in Jackson. Last Friday was the best day yet, I got ammo in 4 out of 4 stops. I am hoping the ammo shortage is going to ease up.

It looks like the only planned .22 PRS matches are Western Idaho or Central Washington. I am willing to travel to visit meets but I would need to shoot sub MOA more consistently before I drive that far. Let's hope more matches open up more closer by this summer.
I've been seeing it trickle in and out. But Fridays are deffinately the good days to go ammo shopping in this area.

I'll send you a PM with the contact info for the Pocatello NRL22 matches. They don't do the practiscore stuff but he does send out an email each month before the shoot.

Not sure if its standard with all NRL22 but they also do a Benchrest class. You can shoot the stage off of a solid bench.

I've been seeing it trickle in and out. But Fridays are deffinately the good days to go ammo shopping in this area.

I'll send you a PM with the contact info for the Pocatello NRL22 matches. They don't do the practiscore stuff but he does send out an email each month before the shoot.

Not sure if its standard with all NRL22 but they also do a Benchrest class. You can shoot the stage off of a solid bench.
Last Friday was well worth the drive, I ended up with 2000 rounds.

I am not even sure I would compete this year, as I still have a lot to learn, but would travel to see a match so I know what it is like and get to meet some of the local participants. I am looking to start shooting some prone also. If you come upon any info on local matches, I'd appreciate it.