• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leather belt makers?

Re: Leather belt makers?

I buy belt blanks from Tandy Leather and make my own . All you really need is a hole punch , sharp knife and some dye .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thebeltman.net </div></div>

+1

I know you said a gun belt is not needed, but a quality one will definitely last! I love my Rafter S Gunleather belt! I used to rail through crappy belts on a regular basis myself. Once I started to carry and got the rafter s gun belt that has completely stopped. Very little overall stretch over the last three years and I haven't worn a single buckle hole out of shape yet! I couldn't be happier with mine and it still looks pretty much the same as when I got it minus a scratch or so here or there! (I have the shark) I wear it as my full time belt carrying or not!

+1 for Rafter S Gunleather. I have two of their shark belts (black and brown) that are 7 years old and you would be hard pressed to see signs of wear or use. They are incredibly reasonable on price as well given the custom belt market. Cowhide is only $50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thebeltman.net </div></div>

I highly recommend the belt man. I have had a bunch of different belts, Mitch Rosen, Don Hume and a few others. I have 2 of his 1.25" belts for my daily dress pants. I am a plain clothes detective. His belts are the right thickness and stiffness, are rugged and still look good enough to be worn with dress pants.

Jack

The beltman. He is local to me and I have been wearing mine everyday for almost a year now with no complaints. The wait was only a couple of weeks as well.

I've gone through several higher dollar belts, and my favorite is my Ross belt. It holds up great for my concealed carry rigs, and doubles as my dress and casual belt. It doesn't droop in the back like most belts do after a year or so of use. I'll check out the belt man stuff, too.

I get heavy horse hide from Oregon Leather in Portland, Oregon, cut it into straps and fix a buckle onto it. Then I can dye it any color I want, or just go with an oiled antiqued look.

Like you I wanted decent belts that wouldn't break the bank, so I started making my own. You can buy snaps, rivets, glue, buckles, dye, or even just by strips of heavy harness cow hide and make a belt.

If I can help you out, let me know. I finally bought a strap cutter to cut the horse hide because they don't sell strips of horse hide.

But, Oregon Leather has heavy harness leather straps in various colors and widths already cut to size. Just buy an edging beveler (around $10) and do them yourself.

If you do it yourself, you can end up with a really sturdy carry belt for around $10-25 depending on width, and buckle selection.

I'll help you out if you wish. Send me an email, or PM if you want some help with the parts or any suggestions.

+1 !!!! I have been wearing the same one everyday for almost three years now. A truly great product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djw442</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thebeltman.net </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

Another for the Beltman!

I ordered 2 at the same time, one from beltman, and one from crossbreed holsters. They are both great quality, no doubt. The lessone I learned are.

1. Follow the sizing chart, I added an inche or 2 for an IWB carry, and they are a little long. I like my belt rather tight when I carry, or compete, and they are just a little long.
2. Dont order too tall. my beltman belt is just a tad less tall than the other, and it makes a difference on some slacks. 3. I like the buckle from cross breed a little better, as it has the roller piece on the buckle.
4. I ordered the velcro lining, but have not used it yet, plan on ordering a belt that will last a long time.

Post your choice / results, after you get it.
J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: annamariaslim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for a quality belt,a duty/gun belt is not needed, I just want to hold my pants up but want something that will last instead of the box store china crap. </div></div>

http://montanagunslings.com/ Check out ours. Made in the USA, full grain, US tanned leather from Herman Oak in St. Louis, Missouri. Lifetime warranty.

I've never had ANY issues with Galco belts. Been wearing one for years. Only reason I replaced it(with another galco) was because I started wearing inside the waistband.

I've been thinking about trying Comp-Tac's Kydex re-enforced contour belts. Not for everyday use per say, but for range use and days where I'm more active. Seems like something this stiff wouldn't be as comfortable as a standard belt when sitting down for extended periods.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=43&osCsid=l9rgp0kiqvqqckjhvfjdr47vm6

My Milt Sparks belt is really well made and a quality product.

http://montanagunslings.com/ PGS on here makes some great belts and his slings are the best I have found for hunting applications. Hands down great work and customer service !!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND them !!
cool.gif

I have a couple of "higher dollar" belts. But one that i really love is the Blackhawk CQC belt. It comes in a carbon fiber, snake skin and alligator finish. The alligator finish is not very obvious and looks very classy/dressy. Irrelevant of the price it is one of the best belts i have had. The fact that you can have it for $30 is even better
smile.gif

CQC Belts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djw442</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thebeltman.net </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

Another for the Beltman! </div></div>

+ 1 Beltman, one black one brown,

I have used a Filson double belt for over 12 years I just cant kill it....

Like so many above. $ for $ you cant beat the beltman.
quality leather. Good workmanship, excellent customer service, & relatively short lead time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike Kirkpatrick makes the best stuff I have ever used.

Kirkpatrick leather </div></div>

+10000000</div></div>

Definately, he made all of my CAS rigs and some concealed carry stuff too. The best is his concealed carry holster with Kydex sandwiched in the leather to keep them rigid inside the waist band.