• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Leather Rifle Sling

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
My buddy just finished a stock for me, a beautiful hand carved claro walnut 30.06 for a Bat Action and Brux barrel. I would like to get a nice leather sling for it. Anybody have a good recommendation? I am not super keen on the Montana Rifle sling. The other problem I am having is how to keep the metal rings on the slings from dinging up the stock. Is there a way to stop that from happening...without covering the sling attachments with tape?

Montana rifle slings made by a guy on here are very nice and there is no metal to worry about messing up your stock.

I make elastic keepers for my nylon slings. I have a dark coyote that would probably match leather and protect the stock from the metal.

Give me a PM if that solution sounds good.

The carry strap in link is very pretty and looks well made

find Pat Sinclair on here. I don't have any of his stuff (yet) but from what I understand he does first class work. I am pretty sure he has a link on his profile page

+1 for Mr. Sinclair and the Montana sling. I got one before I ever knew he was on the Hide here and really like it.

Using a standard sling stud, I have to try to get the metal to touch wood. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not likely to cause finish damage except over a very long time.

I'll agree the Montana Sling is a good sling, have one on my varmint rig. My big game rifle has an A-1 from Murray Custom Leather, I really like this sling, it's fast, clean and simple and doesn't mar the stock. Can't say enough about it which says something since it's "just" a sling.

Welcome to Murray Custom Leather