• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LEAVE Photobucket!

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
As some of you know, and others continue to discover, Photobucket recently changed their terms of use and they are trying to get users to pay to have their images hotlinked (so they can be posted to sites like this one).

I strongly recommend logging into your Photobucket account, saving whatever needs to be saved, and then close the account.

Hosting sites like Imgur.com are ridiculously easier to use, and you don't even have to sign up for an account to upload to them.
You can easily resize and make other edits, as well as organize your images in albums as you see fit.
It's a little bit to learn, but unless you want to give Photobucket $400 for fucking you over, you really don't have too many choices.

Photobucket accused of blackmail after quietly requiring users to pay $400 a year to hotlink

Thousands of listings from online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay are now filled with unsightly error images by Photobucket after the photo hosting site quietly introduced a $399 annual fee to users who want to embed images on third party websites. Users are now accusing Photobucket of extortion, as the service failed to make the update to its terms of service abundantly clear. USERS ARE ACCUSING PHOTOBUCKET OF EXTORTION
It all began last week when Photobucket announced in a short blog post that it had updated its terms of service that had begun taking effect from June 20th. Nowhere in the blog post did Photobucket highlight the most important change, which was that it will now cost uploaders $400 a year to insert their photos on another website using direct image links.

Photobucket, which launched in 2003, was previously free for all users to upload and embed images all over the web. It was a popular image hosting service of choice for early 2000s bloggers (think Xanga and LiveJournal) until the likes of Facebook and Instagram came along. Since then, it remained widely used by small businesses selling items through online marketplaces, offering 2GB of storage for free or $100 a year for 102GB of storage (the most popular paid plan, according to the service). The update to Photobucket’s ToS, however, means users are forced to upgrade to the most premium tier if they wish to hotlink.

You can imagine, then, the outrage that ensued. It appears some users can’t even download their own photos out of their Photobucket accounts without upgrading.

I wont to get out of Photobucket . I went into photobucket yesterday to dump my album on a stick . I dont have that much over the years accumulated, photobucket say's it's only 13% full .
But I got about 100+ or more good Coyote night kill photos on there I want to keep that I been uploading there over last few years .

OK.. I went to download and went to the lower right of the photobucket page and I cliked 'download album' . then verified that I am human . Only thing after that, it does Not ask where or a choice to where send Album file ? Nothing . So I get no choice to where in my PC the file is going ? . Also wonder 'if' or how invasive they are going to be when I let them freely go in my PC ?

They will probably download to your "Downloads" folder, so check there first. Once you find your pics, you shouldn't have any problem moving them to wherever you want on your computer. As to how invasive ? I share your concern and don't usually have anything to do with websites or S/W that appear to be sticking their nose too far under my tent flap.

Also, I do not have a Facebook account, never will.........

Canceled my Amazon Prime account about a month ago. Don't care for Jeff Bezos' shenanigans in the least bit.

When I went through the procedure on the lower left of the screen . There was nothing really happening when I tried to download album off on the Photobucket . but I ended up finding an email today sent to me by photobucket . And it said that it is good for 12-Hr. to download when I click on there link . so I will give that a try latter on tonight .
edit add.
the, ( good for 12-hr.) Download email sent to me from Photobucket was sent to me @ 10:54 am today . So I went and clicked on it at 9:10 pm tonight . It appears that it is no longer good . So my 12-Hr's PC clock is NOT same time as Photobuckets clock . the fucking pricks, now I got to go-in there and wait around to catch another of there ( Not good for 12-hr ) permission email's again .

Last edited:
This has to be premeditated maliciousness on there part . I only have 2 ( small ) Albums on Photobucket that I want to download .
one with 84 Pics. and one with 44 Pics. in them . No gif's or Vid's . on these 2 albums that I made .
Photobucket Will Not download any of my photos on a Zip compressed file to me, after following there directions it all just freezes before anything is completed every time and they just never follow through on there end .

Yea what a fricken joke, I hope they lose 75% of their users. I switched to imageshack several years ago and did a free trial, then had to pay like $2 per month which was nothing. Credit Card changed and forgot to update it so I couldn't add anymore from my computer but found out I still can from my phone. I upload them directly from my iphone and then copy links over here on my computer. Easy to use and never had a problem with them. I would recommend it and would be willing to pay $2/mo again if need be.

Well For Fact history dictates this will go well for Photobucket .
This low life shit has been used since the beginning of time . it called ' Ransom Extortion ' and it being used as a business model is as old as prostitution and stone masonry . Photobucket can suck my fucking Dick and keep my coyote pics.and nylon rigging Pic's .