• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Leaving my QD brake-mount in the suppressor?

Feelluckypunk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2012
South Florida
i649.photobucket.com
Gentlemen have any of you guys considered leaving the QD suppressor mount in the can and using the can a direct thread on? Is this something that’s ok to do and do I have to worry about timing the mount/brake if I do this? I have an AAC Titan Qd and their Qd brakes cost a fortune and are hard to find even if I was ok with paying close to $300 for a mediocre brake at best. I’ve had great results as far as precision with my can and I’m happy with it, but installing a new brake on each barrel is not very feasible.
Thanks for any input.
Dan

You might want to slap some high temp anti seize on the mating surfaces just in case to help you separate the two in the event you want to later down the line.

No prob. I use the stuff even though I take my cans off. Just a bit of added insurance to get them separated. Never had a can seize yet. But as they say, YMMV.

I mean if anything the brake will prolong the life of the blast baffle. Prolonging the life is debatable. Some don’t care, some do. I have a few cans and I know the blast baffle on my Omega is blasted to hell and it’s direct mounted on one of my AR’s.

As long as it doesn’t affect my accuracy, if it’s repeatable and if it might protect my can, sounds like a good idea. Heck it sounds like I planned it!
Thanks for the good input, I’m going ahead with it.