• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LEE APP replacement????

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Is there anything similar to the lee that can be used for quick depriming of bulk brass that isnt a piece of crap???

I have never got this thing to run smooth for more than a few pieces at a time... spring binding up, falling off, shooting brass across the room, not lining brass up properly on the shell holder to deprime it.... Im fed up with it..

Looking for suggestions to replace it.

A case feeder with a dedicated tool head on a progressive press lets you pull the handle pretty fast if all you are doing is decapping.
    The cost certainly isn't the same, but if you are going to run the progressive for other tasks then there is only the concept of dedicated decapping.

A case feeder with a dedicated tool head on a progressive press lets you pull the handle pretty fast if all you are doing is decapping.
    The cost certainly isn't the same, but if you are going to run the progressive for other tasks then there is only the concept of dedicated decapping.
    ive got a single stage MEC and a Dillon 550c, wishing now id have gotten something a little more for the bulk loading

Last edited:

ive got a single stage MEC and a Dillon 550c, wishing now id have gotten something a little more for the bulk loading
    A 650/750, as a minimum, is a more natural machine for doing things like stamping out a couple thousand prairie dog loads in a session.

Even if you multi stage the brass prep, at least you are just dumping things in the case feeder and pulling the handle. Once things are well adjusted, the work takes little focus. In a way, it does take the drudgery out of making batches for colony rodents.

A 650/750, as a minimum, is a more natural machine for doing things like stamping out a couple thousand prairie dog loads in a session.

Even if you multi stage the brass prep, at least you are just dumping things in the case feeder and pulling the handle. Once things are well adjusted, the work takes little focus. In a way, it does take the drudgery out of making batches for colony rodents.
    I had the same thoughts and posted my 550C locally today and sold it in 10 minutes for $80-$90 less than I paid for it 2 years ago.
    Went to schemes.com where I had a $70 gift card and ordered the 750 and case feeder

Reactions: Jonathan Swift
    How many cases are you doing?
    If not thousands of pieces then maybe an Inline Fabrication case ejetor would work for you.
    I have one on the RCBS Rock chucker and one on the Lee Turret press. They are fantastic

Man that looks awesome!!! But, sadly I have the far superior mec marksman press and in-line doesn’t make that gadget for my press. 😔

Is there anything similar to the lee that can be used for quick depriming of bulk brass that isnt a piece of crap???

Looking for suggestions to replace it.
    I personally use a Lee classic turrent press and dedicated depriming die. It goes fairly quickly.

I also have a 550, 650, and a 1050, but setup time factors in and I don't like changing the presses back and forth a lot.