• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lee balance scale?

bdh308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2009
Paris,Tennessee
Anybody else use this shitty ass scale? Im constantly rezeroing and didnt know if anyone else experiences the same problem.

Re: Lee balance scale?

I had one when I first started reloading. I never knew it was possible to hate an object so much.

JUNK! Got a set of 10/10's years ago and never looked back. Got the charge master first of last but still have the 10/10's set up beside them to do a quick check if something looks odd.
So far so good.

I know I bought a Lee kit and it came with this scale. I will be upgradeing real soon. Hell I have know Fn idea what my charges are....they could be .2 to .3 grains off for all I know. Other than that Im happy with the kit. This is my first reloading kit so lesson learned. Im done buying cheap ass shit...if I cant afford it Ill wait till I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdh308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know I bought a Lee kit and it came with this scale. I will be upgradeing real soon. Hell I have know Fn idea what my charges are....they could be .2 to .3 grains off for all I know. Other than that Im happy with the kit. This is my first reloading kit so lesson learned. Im done buying cheap ass shit...if I cant afford it Ill wait till I can. </div></div>

If you still can, send it back for a refund and get a Dillon 550, and a real balance beam type scale.

I got the "lee 4 hole turret press kit" sent it back and got the "classic turret press $95.00" and the "perfect powder measure $21.00" For rifle, I us the press in batch mode vs progressive and the powder measure is just to get close, nothing less than $250.00 or so will throw near accurately with extruded powder. All my rifle powder is measured 1 charge at a time on my Hornady (Pacific scale) balance type scale, Electronic scales on the less than $100 range are only good for frustrations.

When I started loading for pistol, I upcraded my turret press with a "safety prime-$21.00" and a "pro auto disk powder measure $37.99"

So I got a press that will load about 100 pistol rounds per hour for $175.00 or so and rifle goes 20 per hour since the turret has some slop to it I have to seat long, measure, go down a bit, seat again, measure until it is the correct OAL, I also have to scoop the last one or two grains my hand.

The Dillon's head has no slop at all, set it and forget, it also comes with a powder measure (useless for long grain powder, but fine for RE15 or varget for .223 or .308)

The really nice thing about it though is with a little practice, you can load 5-600 rounds of pistol or rifle with free flowing powder per hour. I admit the $400.00 price tag is a bit high compared to a Lee setup, but I would not plan for it to break any time soon either.