• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lee case trimmers

Re: Lee case trimmers

Yeah. Work good. Easy. No adjustments to tweak. Fast. Last a long time. Cutters are inexpensive to replace when they do dull.

What's not to love?

hello and welcome to the site.even glad to see your from SC.

like the Lee trimmer.they are all that I use.and like the gent already said,no adjustments and they work good for a long time.been useing my 223 cutter for 10 years and still cutting great.

put the case holder in a 90 degree drill, lock the shell in and use the lee trimmer. great results for me cheap and fast. and dont tell anyone my secret
wink.gif

I have them in my field reloading kit. They take little room to store and operate. That and the need to trim in the field is usually a rarity.

I use one for my bulk reloading. I have a rcbs case prep station. I drilled and tapped the cutter in a lathe and put a threaded rod in the back the same as the case prep. So I put it in the holder and cut to length then chamfer inside then out. Goes fast.

Only problem was I was gaining runout doing so. Not much just a thou. Or two.

keep the RPMs low or the case length gauge will get gouges in it. it will eventually deposit small bits of steel into your case necks. ask how i know
smirk.gif

i've been thinking of tempering one to see if it will hold up to higher production speeds. i'll get around to it one day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former0302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For just a little bit more money, add the zip trim and the 3 jaw chuck. </div></div>

+1. 3 jaw chuck is big improvement.

I used the for quite some time. They work well. The 3-jaw chuck and Zip Trim wil make your life easier.

I just recently upgraded to the RCBS Trim pro. I like it a little better and it's versitile. In a couple months I will probably get the motor for it and I will be set for quite some time.

Bottom line is the Lee Cutters work great for low volume work and for those just starting out. You really can't screw anything up with them.

The worst part of the lee trimmers is you can not control case length. Only max length. You will have all different lengths of brass till it reaches max. Been there and done that. You can but a modest priced universal Lyman used for about $35.00, and last a long time. Just my opinion.