• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lee collet die getting stuck

Nick Danger

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
I have an issue with my Lee collet die with the sizer getting stuck inside the die and crushing my 300 win mag cases. Help Mr wizard…

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 58
Hay-zues look at the clamp marks on those necks. Screwed in way too far.

Did the handle feel a bit stiff when sizing, or do you do concrete work?

Holy shit, 6 of 'em dude, 1 or 2 wasn't enough to pump the brakes? 😜

Setting up a Lee Collet Die is sort of a "feel thing", screw it in like halfway and test it by slowly running a case up into it while trying to get a feel for how it engages the cases, and then adjust to taste. As you can tell, it doesn't take a whole lot of force to do a whole lot.

Reactions: Nick Danger
There are different setup procedures based on the press being used. Did you follow the instructions included with the dies?
Throw the instructions away.

Then read mathman’s instructions. Print them out if you can.

P

Throw the instructions away.

Then read mathman’s instructions. Print them out if you can.

P

So what about these instructions is wrong?

Lee Instructions.jpg

Reactions: Nick Danger
Thx everyone for your input... I will try mathman's instructions.... and yes I followed the Lee instructions for my rcbs press. So much for instructions. The die worked great for 15 rounds then you saw what happened after that :-(

I have an issue with my Lee collet die with the sizer getting stuck inside the die and crushing my 300 win mag cases. Help Mr wizard…
OK... after reading mathmans procedures life is good. I am able to get a great tension on the necks without crushing anymore. I can even use the rcbs with cam-over... thx again for all the help.