• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lee collet neck sizing die .300 PRC

tstanek

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2021
Czech republic
Hi there,
as I like to use the lee collet die along with my whidden non bushing FL sizing die with expander ball removed for sizing 6,5 creedmoor, I was planning to do the same with 300 PRC. But there is no caliber specific collet die for this one. Do you guys think 300 win mag collet die could be used (or modified in easy way and then used) here or it’s stupid idea? Thanks for any hints/advices on this!
T

Last edited:
You can send your fireformed brass over to Lee, they can custom made one for you. You can just FL size your brass then run it through with 21st century expanding mandrel to straight up the neck and set your neck tension.

Reactions: tstanek
I’ve modified a few Lee collets.
A few for 7 saum,6.5 saum and for A 338 edge.
It’s generally not difficult.

Body might need to be opened to accommodate the narrower case at the base of the shoulder of the 300WM the bottom will need to be trimmed for the shorter case length and base to shoulder base.

The Lee Collet die is a squeezing die, not an expander mandrel. If you are using it for necks, you should be sizing with a body die, or bushing die with the neck bushing removed. With a standard FL die, you are better off pulling the expander ball through the neck, than trying to use the mandrel in a lee collet die, as an expander.

Reactions: tstanek
Thanks a lot guys, I guess I will stay rational on this at least for a while and just use normal FL sizing dies with expander ball…