• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lee loadmaster question

taracer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Jackson MO USA
I am thinking of buying one of these but I have heard mixed reviews. anybody using one on a regular basis? I want one to load 40 S&W pistol bullets but I will hold out for a better one if I have to. Thanks Gary

Re: lee loadmaster question

I have used the pro 1000 for years for pistol ammo. It is fast accurate and has given me zero problems. It looks a little cheap but I have loaded thousands of rounds with it. I started to use it more than my RL550B on pistol ammo because it was so fast.

I have 2 of them and am very happy with them. They are cheaper made than a dillion but for the vast price diffrence I say they are well worth buying. I have loaded thousands of rounds in several calibers and the only issue I have had was wearing out the plastic slider for the primers. It is like a $5 fix.

That is exactly why I am asking. I am sure a dillon is the best but they have a ton of moving parts and I can buy 2 of these for one dillon. Gary

Had one. Decided life was too short and upgraded. The folks I know who use them are willing to accept the faults and tinker with them on a regular basis.

I HAD one (past tense). Literally gave it away to get rid of it. Bought a Hornady LnL Progressive, and my blood pressure went down 10 points. I love Lee products, just not THAT one.

I run a loadmaster to load my 40SW. I'm glad I bought it. Didn't have the money for blue, as a Dillon that will do everything the loadmaster does would be out of my budget for a LONG time.

This site is invaluable to getting you loadmaster set up and running well:
http://loadmastervideos.com/

I liked my first ( 38/357) Lee so much that I bought another in 9mm.
Got the 9mm on a Friday. Set it up Fri night, and Saturday, in 6 hrs, loaded 1500 rds.
Got another in 45 acp, just as good as the other two.
I don't have to tinker with them, just set them up, powder and primers, and start loading. Almost totally trouble free after several thousand rounds.

My uncle runs one for 9mm and 45 auto. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for pistol ammo, but it's under powered (mechanical leverage, concentricity, etc) for rifle stuff.

If you want 650 capabilities get the Hornady LnL AP. That's what I went with since I don't have space or money for a second progressive. Only having 1 progressive to do rifle and pistol, I'd settle on the Hornady again.