• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lee Press and Redding Dies

treedoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Virginia
I know it's a stupid question, but can I use Redding dies in a Lee Press. Are the threads the same?

Sorry for the 'case of dumb ass'

treedoc

Re: Lee Press and Redding Dies

Yep, they will fit. The thread standard is 7/8" - 14 TPI unless you get into really big cartridges like a .50 then it's 1/4" - 12 TPI. Some presses have a bushing that you can take out to get both or to use the Hornady Lock - n - Load bushings.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, they will fit. The thread standard is 7/8" - 14 TPI unless you get into really big cartridges like a .50 then it's 1/4" - 12 TPI. Some presses have a bushing that you can take out to get both or to use the Hornady Lock - n - Load bushings.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

DAMN 1/4" 12, thats some big assed threads

I think he meants 1 1/4" x 12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, they will fit. The thread standard is 7/8" - 14 TPI unless you get into really big cartridges like a .50 then it's 1/4" - 12 TPI. Some presses have a bushing that you can take out to get both or to use the Hornady Lock - n - Load bushings.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

DAMN 1/4" 12, thats some big assed threads

I think he meants 1 1/4" x 12 </div></div>

Yup, dropped a finger.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treedoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...can I use Redding dies in a Lee Press.</div></div>
Prob'ly better than using Lee dies in a Redding press.