• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Hand Budget Build advice

SRPowah

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Black Hills SoDak
First, is there a left handed rifle around the $800 price point in 6.5CM? Because I would love to have that option instead of pursuing this potential headache..

Anyways, a coworker has a light sporter barreled R700 in .243. I can hold it right at 1 moa consistently, with some groups smaller. With the factory trigger, I am impressed considering how crappy it is. Now I want him to do a remage barrel and trigger and call the rifle good, preferably changing to something with factory match ammo available. A stock or chassis down the road... Or do I just grab a cheap Savage AXIS and rebarrel it so he can keep the light hunting rifle in .243 and have a 6.5 target rifle? I know their stocks are junk, but we can come up with something. He already has optics taken care of, so it comes down the rifle.

Why can't he be a righty like the rest of us normal folk ;) He isn't the most consistent shooter yet, but I am working on that.
Thanks for any advice on this potential project.

Although I am not L handed, if it were me I would watch the Left Hand Sales in the PX section as their are some Awesome deals
to be had for your Lefties.