• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Hand Combo Rifle

Kwing

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2019
I have been recently getting into the longer range area. With the high demand for everything, I figured I would switch over to more of a long range type shooting. I recently got a Remington 700 in 308 and picked up a Magpul hunter stock. I love the setup. Feels great, I can easily get .75in or less groups of a backpack/bench at 100 yards with factory ammo, and got a doe at just over 400 yards with it this year. Only thing is, Im a lefty. With some extra cash sitting aside from selling some other hunting stuff, I am looking into getting a nice 308 for long range. I was looking at a 6.5 creedmoor, but I like the 30 caliber size because I may try to get a bear or someday an elk. It has a wider range and more reloading supplies readily available. I looked at a bergara b14 hmr, christensen or a browning, but wasnt sure if there a better option. I am looking to spend around 1500 for the rifle, but an extra hundred or two would be considered if it makes a large enough difference. Of course left handed too. I will primarily use it for longer range shooting, hopefully 1000 if possible, but realistically 600 or so because of land access. Of course, hunting as well if I know I will be sitting and can take those further shots. Some groundhog hunting so 110gr vmaxs will be used there. I have a bunch of factory 168gr smks that I think would be good for the 1000 yard occasional shots. So all in all, I would like a rifle to do shots out to mainly 600, and deer hunting. So any recommendations? I know this may be a stretch, but I am in my lower 20s so I would like the wide array of options for loading so thats the reason behind 308.

I apologize if this may be a reoccurring thread, but I did not seem to find too much for left hand rifles.

Tikka makes a very nice lefty. Also available in stainless.
T3X lite or lite stainless.
They also do a lefty tac a1 but only in blued.
A lefty Tikka ctr would be more ideal but they aren't imported.

I put this post together awhile ago on Tikkas and have been updating it occasionally. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-t3-thread.6252615/post

You could also build off an aftermarket 700 action as well. There was a thread not too long ago asking about left handed actions. More involved to start getting shooting than starting with a factory action though.

Here is my t3x lite stainless in 6.5 creed as it currently sits. Going to be upgrading to a chassis next.
20200929140948_IMG_1169.JPG

You are probably out of luck finding a new LH Browning. They are rare and usually special order. Bergara is a decent choice too.

Defiance, Bighorn/Zermatt, Mack Bros, all make nice actions to build off of. There are more but those came to mind quickly.

I like and own 3 Remington 700LH rifles but they are probably hard to get right now. I also own a LH Defiance.

I won't recommend Tikka to anyone but that is my issue with them and I'm not a fan of Beretta anything. CS is lacking and that's putting it lightly.

Good luck...this world is not Southpaw friendly!!! I started with a Bergara HMR in 6.5CM then quickly expanded!!! The Bergara is a great rifle for the money!!!
20210129_062141.jpg

Reactions: Nics00ss
Snapchat-902011079.jpg
shot_1614490362774.jpg

Finally picked up a Bergara in 308. Got a Razor HD Gen II 4.7-27x56mm with the EBR-2C reticle and Spuhr Mount. Took it out to the range Saturday with great results at 200 yards with factory ammo. It's a horizontal string not vertical. Leupold 20moa base and Precision Armament M11 Severe Duty brake.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Is your current .308 a RH rifle?

I'm a southpaw as well- I went with a R700 LTR Left Hand in .308- its a 20", 5r, 1-10 barrel, already threaded 5/8x24-- they are still available and it gives a wide world of options for accessories-- hard to beat for $900-- swap in a new trigger ($200) put the rest towards glass- then upgrade as time, preference and budget allows.