• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left hand dilemma; Bergara B14 HMR or Tikka T3x lite?

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
I currently have a magnum T3x already; love it but looking for something like the CTR/UPR(non-Lite/Superlite barrel, more vertical grip, and thicker forend) in 6.5CM...which they do not come in left hand. Bergara's B14 HMR is pretty similar and on paper, fits the bill. Only problem I've *heard* is they don't shoot as well as a Tikka. Would the Bergara still be a good buy or would it be worth it to buy the Tikka, look for a 6.5cm CTR/TAC takeoff barrel+swap stock? I'm not too familiar with the Bergaras so don't know what it'd take to get it to shoot at the same level as the Tikka.

Purpose; PRS-style shooting range toy 200-1000yd.

Last edited:
The Bergara will be setup better for PRS than a lefty Tikka from the store. If you go down the road of upgrading chassis/stock, then the Tikka has a better action to grow with imo. Either have been plenty accurate from what I've seen. Definitely pull each apart and apply proper torques to all the fasteners

Being a lefty myself...and years ago there little to no options for a left handed bolt gun. Rem. 700 and Savage was about it.

Now with more options available it's easier but still can be tough.

The other route to go...get a Impact Precision left hand action etc...and build what you want.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Still not alot of love for lefty's, very limited calibers, stock/chassis options. My opinion comes from 40yrs of LH Savage 110 LA and Remington 700's....if it's a bench rest toy or limited competition gun buy a RH action and learn to cycle the bolt with the support hand. Easier than you think after some time behind the gun, opens up the whole world of options if you decide to fall further down the rabbit hole !

Still not alot of love for lefty's, very limited calibers, stock/chassis options. My opinion comes from 40yrs of LH Savage 110 LA and Remington 700's....if it's a bench rest toy or limited competition gun buy a RH action and learn to cycle the bolt with the support hand. Easier than you think after some time behind the gun, opens up the whole world of options if you decide to fall further down the rabbit hole !
A point brought up once upon a time. If you reload match handedness with eye. Mistakes aren't likely to cause as much damage.

Alot of chassis only need a bolt cut modification. Not hard to do. Aluminum and plastic cut easy.

Reactions: bobby1028
A point brought up once upon a time. If you reload match handedness with eye. Mistakes aren't likely to cause as much damage.

Alot of chassis only need a bolt cut modification. Not hard to do. Aluminum and plastic cut easy.
Very true...showing my age here