• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left hand KRG Bravo conversion

serevince

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2011
Spokane
Don't let the fact that KRG hates wrong handed people get you down! It's pretty simple to make it work for a lefty. Disclaimer: I'm a random loon on the internet, proceed at your own risk.

I just want to throw this out there for lefties wanting a Bravo. KRG has no current plans to make left handed versions. *UPDATE* KRG offers a REM 700 SA lefty Bravo* Tikka owners read on.

I used a 1/2" endmill on my mill and that is probably the prettiest way of doing it. It took me about 5 minutes, including set up and I'm a amateur @ best. If you brought it to a small machine shop you could probably get it done pretty cheaply.

I've also done this on fiberglass stocks with the good ol dremel. If you were patient and careful a dremel or even a file can yield nice results.

Here it is fresh off the mill, mocked up. It works as is, but I will make a small relief in the polymer with a dremel. If it polishes out nice, I may try to get artsy and open it up similar to the other side.

I plan on using the Birchwood Casey Aluminum touch up pen to cover the bare aluminum. It does a OK job, not a perfect match, but it's under the bold handle.
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...uper-black-instant-touch-up-pen-prod4942.aspx

Now the downside is the bolt cut on the other side, could let crap down into the trigger. I'll be drilling a hole or two to add some mechanical adhesion and using black two part epoxy to fill in that bolt cut. again it wont be a perfect match, but it'll stop crap from getting in there. If I take my time the lines will match nicely. Again I've had good results doing this on fiberglass stocks. Usually a subtle difference in texture is the only giveaway. It may actually look better on the aluminum since there is no texture.

If you're OCD, don't do this. Or if you want to waste money, have the backbone coated once you're done. Should look near factory if you've taken your time up to that point.

Cheers

Vince

Last edited:
Looking to do this myself are there any other issues for a lefty I haven’t even got a chance to hold a bravo I’m only going off pictures but the comb height adj knob looks like it may be a possible issue anything else to consider ?

Looking to do this myself are there any other issues for a lefty I haven’t even got a chance to hold a bravo I’m only going off pictures but the comb height adj knob looks like it may be a possible issue anything else to consider ?

No, other than the RH bolt cut possibly allowing dust/debris in the trigger. I haven't found anything. I gave the comb a quick ballpark adjustment to about .5" up and got behind the gun for all of a minute and didn't see any immediate problems. I have a beard and the comb adj knob isn't an issue for me either with cheek weld or grabbing me by the face hairs. Worst case the thumb wheel could easily be replaced with a standard screw at the cost of quick adjustment. For me unless I change optics I generally don't mess with comb height once after I set it up. I would not attempt to switch sides. I don't see a way of doing it cleanly.

I also ordered and received some pre-colored 2 part epoxy that at first glance appears to match the sage color pretty closely. I will fill the RH bolt relief in the backbone and I may fill the relief in the polymer if once mixed the sage epoxy looks to be a close match. (I thought about trying to mix my own, but sage is a mix of 4 colors!)

Gives me something to do while I wait on the new barrel.

Reactions: Anderson_A
I think all the T3 version KRG stocks can be modified this way. My only experience is with the X-Ray, but I believe the Whisky could be modded this way too.

dt-J2M7SZ.jpeg

The safety lever and bolt handle slot is milled out on the left side on the Whiskey 3 LH backbone. I use custom actions,so I don't use the bolt release linkage.
All I had to modify was the bolt handle slot on the outer plastic shell on the left side of the Bravo stock.

Reactions: jgs8163
The safety lever and bolt handle slot is milled out on the left side on the Whiskey 3 LH backbone. I use custom actions,so I don't use the bolt release linkage.
All I had to modify was the bolt handle slot on the outer plastic shell on the left side of the Bravo stock.
Nice.

Nice to see someone tried it. I think I'm going to pickup a ARC Nucleus and Bravo to have as a beater gun.

Did you have to call and request the Whiskey 3 backbone? Cost? Nice work. Thanks

Send Massoud (Justin) a message on the forum about getting one, or call KRG and talk to Ashlie.
It cost $50 more to upgrade the backbone.

Send Massoud (Justin) a message on the forum about getting one, or call KRG and talk to Ashlie.
It cost $50 more to upgrade the backbone.

My ARC Nucleus will have the barrel nut configuration. Do you think any additional mods will be needed? Thanks

Here's my LH Bravo. I ordered it with the LH Rem SA Whiskey 3 backbone-

ULFsizL.jpg

bdTAhVw.jpg

BpBoNdd.jpg

gx2edTp.jpg
Nice work. Thanks for posting, it's a nice option for 700 based actions. No Tikka W3 lefty option though. I may steal this idea for my Nucleus.

I did spend some dry fire time behind this set up and can confirm no issues with the comb height adjustment knob for me in the prone.

My ARC Nucleus will have the barrel nut configuration. Do you think any additional mods will be needed? Thanks

It shouldn't, I have a LH Shilen DGR action with a Savage barrel nut/barrel setting in a LH Whiskey 3 chassis.
That's what gave me the idea for the Bravo.

This is awesome. I have emailed KRG a few times to request a LH Bravo for my on order Nucleus. I have been told that there were no plans to produce a LH Bravo now, but maybe in the future. I'm going to order one today. Thank you Txhillbilly!

Thanks for all the great info ordered my bravo without the whiskey three backbone after confirming with the guys at pva that it would fit my deviant action everywhere but the bolt handle it took under an hour with a cordless band saw and an assortment of files easy as can be love it so far

Oh and one more thing I have a no safety trigger not sure on this but from what I can see it would greatly benefit someone to buy a lh whiskey 3 backbone for that reason if your like me and don’t have a mill or machining equipment to work with

Oh and one more thing I have a no safety trigger not sure on this but from what I can see it would greatly benefit someone to buy a lh whiskey 3 backbone for that reason if your like me and don’t have a mill or machining equipment to work with
What is the block in front of your mag well?

I
What is the block in front of your mag well?
a barricade stop that krg sells for there chassis I put this together to shoot my first prs type match this past weekend but didn’t have a need for it this time so I can’t really give any kind of feedback on it

I contacted KRG to try and order the LH Whiskey 3 backbone in the Bravo chassis. Unfortunately I was told that they are not offering this anymore.

I contacted KRG to try and order the LH Whiskey 3 backbone in the Bravo chassis. Unfortunately I was told that they are not offering this anymore.
I was told that via email and then I called them and they were kind enough to do it.

Do you know who you talked to? I received a call from KRG last Friday and was told it was a no-go.

You can send Massoud a PM, and he can make it happen. That's how I got mine. Justin got it approved, and they emailed me an invoice for it. I then called Ashlie and paid for it on the phone.

Reactions: Timmymic
You can send Massoud a PM, and he can make it happen. That's how I got mine. Justin got it approved, and they emailed me an invoice for it. I then called Ashlie and paid for it on the phone.
I did that. Massoud said it was not available anymore. He did say that there may be an option to order the Whiskey 3 front end with a Bravo back end in LH at the end of the summer. I guess that I will wait. The stock is for a Nucleus. I probably won't show up soon anyway.

I did that. Massoud said it was not available anymore. He did say that there may be an option to order the Whiskey 3 front end with a Bravo back end in LH at the end of the summer. I guess that I will wait. The stock is for a Nucleus. I probably won't show up soon anyway.
They shipped mine on Friday so I guess I lucked out.

Anybody get an answer on why they shut this down? Seems like a good way to expand business without any changes to tooling or production runs? I would be in for one.

Anybody get an answer on why they shut this down? Seems like a good way to expand business without any changes to tooling or production runs? I would be in for one.
Because from what I hear if they got overwhelmed with orders they would be short backbones for the LH Whiskey. I also heard they may be coming out with Bravo LH.

They didn't give my a reason other than its something that they offer anymore.

Because from what I hear if they got overwhelmed with orders they would be short backbones for the LH Whiskey. I also heard they may be coming out with Bravo LH.
Did you hear any word on a time frame for the LH Bravo?

Did you hear any word on a time frame for the LH Bravo?
Additionally after looking at all the accessories they offer there may be some issues with mounting them to the Bravo chassis with the Whiskey 3 backbone. I am already seeing I am going to have some mods to make the Arca Rail Mount as solid as I want it. Some of the machined screw holes in the Whiskey 3 backbone do not line up with all of the holes in the Bravo Chassis. There are enough so the forearm is solidly mounted to Whiskey 3 backbone but many of the screw holes on the forearm are not aligning up with any of the other screw holes in the backbone. Maybe this is by design so there isn’t additional torque or pressures put into or onto the backbone. I’ll have to read some more to fully understand how mounting accessories is to work. @SoloAmigo is probably why he told you about ordering a Whiskey 3 forend with a LH Bravo Backend at the end of the summer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Additionally after looking at all the accessories they offer there may be some issues with mounting them to the Bravo chassis with the Whiskey 3 backbone. I am already seeing I am going to have some mods to make the Arca Rail Mount as solid as I want it. Some of the machined screw holes in the Whiskey 3 backbone do not line up with all of the holes in the Bravo Chassis. There are enough so the forearm is solidly mounted to Whiskey 3 backbone but many of the screw holes on the forearm are not aligning up with any of the other screw holes in the backbone. Maybe this is by design so there isn’t additional torque or pressures put into or onto the backbone. I’ll have to read some more to fully understand how mounting accessories is to work. @SoloAmigo is probably why he told you about ordering a Whiskey 3 forend with a LH Bravo Backend at the end of the summer.

View attachment 6920380

View attachment 6920381
JGS8163 - Great information. Thank you.

Reviving an old thread here...

Has there been anyone more recently do convert a rem700 Bravo to LH? Or has KRG been willing to help out LH shooters? Or better yet, anyone with a LH bravo wanna sell it? ?

Has there been anyone more recently do convert a rem700 Bravo to LH? Or has KRG been willing to help out LH shooters? Or better yet, anyone with a LH bravo wanna sell it? ?

Hahaha I have wondered if someone could start a business doing this... buy a right handed version make if left handed resell for $100-$150 extra

Hahaha I have wondered if someone could start a business doing this... buy a right handed version make if left handed resell for $100-$150 extra

Takes minutes on a mill, probably not much longer with a dremel. Any small machine shop would probably do the bolt cut on the backbone for pretty cheap.

I still haven't tried to fill in the gaps on the right side. That part would be a HUGE pain to do well enough to charge.

For KRG to knock out a lefty Bravo line they would either stop righty production or increase capacity. Potentially lots of $.

I wish that they would make it ambidextrous like the new MPA chassis'.

I got the mpa hybrid after the bravo for that very reason, of course now the comp chassis which is what I really wanted is ambi too but seriously I’m far from a professional and making the bravo work for my left handed nucleus and deviant was so simple especially if you don’t need room for a safety it literally takes 45 mins with a hacksaw and a file and I’m going back to the bravo from the hybrid I like it better

I guess I was really lucky to get KRG to sell me a LH Whiskey 3 backbone when I purchased my Bravo. I don't understand why they refuse to sell it to other customers that want a LH Bravo. It took me just a few minutes to cut out the bolt handle slot out of the outer shell.

Hopefully,KRG will get in gear and offer a LH Bravo for all the LH shooter's that want one. It's a great stock,at a very good price.

Reactions: jafo96
Don't let the fact that KRG hates wrong handed people get you down! It's pretty simple to make it work for a lefty. Disclaimer: I'm a random loon on the internet, proceed at your own risk.

I just want to throw this out there for lefties wanting a Bravo. KRG has no current plans to make left handed versions. *UPDATE* KRG offers a REM 700 SA lefty Bravo* Tikka owners read on.

I used a 1/2" endmill on my mill and that is probably the prettiest way of doing it. It took me about 5 minutes, including set up and I'm a amateur @ best. If you brought it to a small machine shop you could probably get it done pretty cheaply.

I've also done this on fiberglass stocks with the good ol dremel. If you were patient and careful a dremel or even a file can yield nice results.

Here it is fresh off the mill, mocked up. It works as is, but I will make a small relief in the polymer with a dremel. If it polishes out nice, I may try to get artsy and open it up similar to the other side.

I plan on using the Birchwood Casey Aluminum touch up pen to cover the bare aluminum. It does a OK job, not a perfect match, but it's under the bold handle.
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...uper-black-instant-touch-up-pen-prod4942.aspx

Now the downside is the bolt cut on the other side, could let crap down into the trigger. I'll be drilling a hole or two to add some mechanical adhesion and using black two part epoxy to fill in that bolt cut. again it wont be a perfect match, but it'll stop crap from getting in there. If I take my time the lines will match nicely. Again I've had good results doing this on fiberglass stocks. Usually a subtle difference in texture is the only giveaway. It may actually look better on the aluminum since there is no texture.

If you're OCD, don't do this. Or if you want to waste money, have the backbone coated once you're done. Should look near factory if you've taken your time up to that point.

Cheers

Vince
As I'm also an amateur with milling machine, how did you do your setup?
Stock Upright in the vise using a ball head endmill?
Or stock flat on its side, directly held on the table, using a regular endmill?

It is easy enough to do with a 3axis router.
I used a 6mm carbide ball nose endmill, 2 flute.

E125E54E-B046-4C27-87F2-98DB9F7F6A0C.jpeg
67B601A0-DF6D-4DD2-AF7D-7A1B647138E3.jpeg
7286E4B4-3C09-4D22-A3D5-3DBAD7346D10.jpeg
C5B6879B-DF9A-402D-B8FE-E9ECD23F4D00.jpeg

Reactions: serevince