• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Hand Rifles for around ~$1000

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Hey gents,

Looking for a target oriented Left handed bolt action rifle.

I have a blueprinted R700 I had made from about 10 years ago that does a great job. I fell out of love with her (30-06) and want to get something else that I can shoot without having to reload for... This is also a righty rifle.

Being a lefty, I was looking at LH rimfire guns I can shoot for fun and I started thinking of getting a companion LH bolt action to go with it.

I am currently looking at a Tikka T1X rimfire lefty, or a Bergara 14R HMR lefty...

That being said, I guess those are 2 options right there for around $1000 bucks and would offer me same manual of arms/manipulation

Bergara limits their calibers for LH, so it'll either be 6.5 or 300wm. I thought getting 300wm and change barrel in the future to a 7mm prc... but then I saw the cost of ammo for 6.5 isn't bad compared to 300/7mm...

Not sure what Tikka offers for their LH fold (and availability).

Any other suggestions for me?

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
i'm lefty as well and had one left handed bolt, an FN SPR that was very nice but then got into some right handled bolts and as long as i have the correct stock, i can cycle it with my right hand while still keeping me left on the grip.

right now the magpul stock with the drop down grip work well for me, on the ruger americans.

the only time i wish for a lefty is if i am not shooting prone.

I am left handed also but prefer right handed rifles. I tried cycling a left handed tikka and it was like learning to walk again.
Biggest selection of lefties I have seen are savage, ruger, tikka and out of price range christenson arms.

I hope those of you that run right hand guns left handed don't reload. What happens if you mess up reloading and the gun kasplodes?
Also you're contributing to gun companies seeing the left hand market as not important.

I hope those of you that run right hand guns left handed don't reload. What happens if you mess up reloading and the gun kasplodes?
Also you're contributing to gun companies seeing the left hand market as not important.
Lol.....we are such a small percentage of the market and aptly represented.
I reload for every right handed rifle I own.

Reactions: Gray shooter
i'm lefty as well and had one left handed bolt, an FN SPR that was very nice but then got into some right handled bolts and as long as i have the correct stock, i can cycle it with my right hand while still keeping me left on the grip.

right now the magpul stock with the drop down grip work well for me, on the ruger americans.

I am left handed also but prefer right handed rifles. I tried cycling a left handed tikka and it was like learning to walk again.
Biggest selection of lefties I have seen are savage, ruger, tikka and out of price range christenson arms.

As a lefty....ya'll dead to me. 🤣🤣

Lol.....we are such a small percentage of the market and aptly represented.
I reload for every right handed rifle I own.
I think it would be better for us if the companies decided to not just do the basic form of their products but the premium form. Find a factory threaded left handed stainless heavy barrel in the US from a more mainstream manufacturer.

So you shoot prone all the time or don't take shot's if you can't get into the prone position ?

SJC

If evil right handed shooters had this same thought process, we'd have many left handed rifles to choose from.

SJC

Reactions: LeftyJason
Almost all of my shooting is in F class comp and that right arm is free to drag that bolt and load. Keep my trigger hand always on the stock where it belongs. Lol

Almost all of my shooting is in F class comp and that right arm is free to drag that bolt and load. Keep my trigger hand always on the stock where it belongs. Lol
I guess that's the reason we see so many right handed shooters shooting left handed rifles in F class ?
Unfortunately for the real left handed shooters that's not the case or we'd be up to our eyeballs with left hand rifles to choose from.
OP- Tikka is your best bet for a production rifle without breaking the bank or you could buy the individual parts and build your own.

I guess that's the reason we see so many right handed shooters shooting left handed rifles in F class ?
Unfortunately for the real left handed shooters that's not the case or we'd be up to our eyeballs with left hand rifles to choose from.
OP- Tikka is your best bet for a production rifle without breaking the bank or you could buy the individual parts and build your own.
Didn't say the way I do it is the best but it's the way I am most comfortable.

I am in the same boat as you and it's almost impossible to buy a left handed rifle. If you are looking for a specific caliber other than 6.5 creedmoor you have to scour gun shops & gunbroker and be prepared to overpay on gunbroker. I have a tikka t1x in 17hmr and it's like a Cadillac compared to the ford pinto savage 17 hmr I had. I basically buy every lefty rifle I come across, the only upside to being left handed is that the salesman will leave you alone quickly because they won't have any left handed guns.

So you shoot prone all the time or don't take shot's if you can't get into the prone position ?

SJC

i didnt say that, re-read it.

bolt guns are a hobby, not job or a profession. shooting 500 years off hand isnt really my thing.

if its resting on a bolder or stump, same-same as prone.

i don't hunt so not an issue there.

i wouldnt say i prefer right handed rifles, i just got use to them.

Hey gents,

Looking for a target oriented Left handed bolt action rifle.

I have a blueprinted R700 I had made from about 10 years ago that does a great job. I fell out of love with her (30-06) and want to get something else that I can shoot without having to reload for... This is also a righty rifle.

Being a lefty, I was looking at LH rimfire guns I can shoot for fun and I started thinking of getting a companion LH bolt action to go with it.

I am currently looking at a Tikka T1X rimfire lefty, or a Bergara 14R HMR lefty...

That being said, I guess those are 2 options right there for around $1000 bucks and would offer me same manual of arms/manipulation

Bergara limits their calibers for LH, so it'll either be 6.5 or 300wm. I thought getting 300wm and change barrel in the future to a 7mm prc... but then I saw the cost of ammo for 6.5 isn't bad compared to 300/7mm...

Not sure what Tikka offers for their LH fold (and availability).

Any other suggestions for me?
Hey c h eck out Stiller.You can't get a LH action that is a Rem. 700 blueprint

Just an FYI: I'm sitting on a nice pile of LH, Rem 40X receivers if anyone is interested. I don't have many bolts for them though, just receiver bodies.

They are likely the last of their kind. These are virgin pieces that came right off the production line and went to the RCS. They were inventory that I bought right before the bankruptcy.

Reactions: TreyMeTrey