• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Handed .350 legend?

mdmountainman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2022
Maryland
I have a left handed friend of a friend looking for a bolt action .350 legend or possibly.450 bushmaster for hunting in straight wall cartridge only areas.

Savage makes one in their axis line but the action is terrible.

Hoping someone here knows some lefty sources. I’d never looked but it’s not easy.

Looking into the states that require straight wall cartridges to hunt deer, some only allow single shot rifles to be used.
If your friend is hunting in a more restricted state with a mag fed bolt rifle, you would need to blank off the magazine to make it legal to hunt with.
Savage 110 Apex LH in 350 legend, if you can find one.
Savage Apex 350L LH
I've been building left hand rifles for decades and have used Apex + Apex II actions in many wildcat builds with good success.
I would think the straight walled 350 legend cartridge would be a very easy cartridge to feed in a savage action and like any new rifle, they will get slicker with use.
Your friend doesn't have many choices available in left hand factory 350 legend chambered rifles.

SJC

If he wanted to go 450 there’s a shop in Michigan that sells the Ruger Americans left handed, the name escapes me though

Looking into the states that require straight wall cartridges to hunt deer, some only allow single shot rifles to be used.
If your friend is hunting in a more restricted state with a mag fed bolt rifle, you would need to blank off the magazine to make it legal to hunt with.
Savage 110 Apex LH in 350 legend, if you can find one.
Savage Apex 350L LH
I've been building left hand rifles for decades and have used Apex + Apex II actions in many wildcat builds with good success.
I would think the straight walled 350 legend cartridge would be a very easy cartridge to feed in a savage action and like any new rifle, they will get slicker with use.
Your friend doesn't have many choices available in left hand factory 350 legend chambered rifles.

SJC
We're allowed magazines here. I passed on your post about the 110 Apex. Hopefully the bolt action on those is better than the axis. It's embarrassing how sticky the bolt throw is on the axis.

We're allowed magazines here. I passed on your post about the 110 Apex. Hopefully the bolt action on those is better than the axis. It's embarrassing how sticky the bolt throw is on the axis.
Savage isn't alone and sticky is better than loose, as you can break it in.
After lubing in the right places and some bolt manipulation, it'll get a lot better.
I spend big bucks for an AICS magazine, then more for the tool to adjust it and I still need to take it apart to tweak/lube it.
Is that embarrassing ?
No, it's what needs to be done to make it work.

SJC