• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left handed 700 stocks

Elxx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
Tucson AZ
What do you lefties out there recommend? I really only wanna spend $500. I can't get a comfortable cheek weld without messing up my picture on my sps. That and I could use a stiffer stock that can keep that barrel free floated.

Honestly, if I could get a lefty 1.5 aics, I'd do it. =/

Re: Left handed 700 stocks

Yeah the lefty aics is a great way to go. I have a couple hs precision stocks inletted for badger Ordanace and they are great. One has a karsten cheek peice which gets me a great cheek weld. If 500 is your total budget this might be your best option if you want to add a good bottom metal. Good luck and let us know what you do.

McMillan HTG. It is the old standby. I like it, but it doesn't have most of the new school stuff, thumb shelf, vertical grip, etc.
Good all around stock.
Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah the lefty aics is a great way to go. I have a couple hs precision stocks inletted for badger Ordanace and they are great. One has a karsten cheek peice which gets me a great cheek weld. If 500 is your total budget this might be your best option if you want to add a good bottom metal. Good luck and let us know what you do. </div></div>

O shit it never occurred to me to even look at HS precision. If anyone has any other suggestions post away. Convince me to spend more or not.

=)

I have a Manners T-3 in LH. I didn't get many options and it shipped to me for a little less than $500. I like it a lot. It has a high comb which helps get the cheek weld right on a high scope.

If you could spend a little more than $500 you could get a Mcrees chassis which eliminates the need for bedding and the bottom metal upgrade which must other stocks require.

I have a Manners T5A on order that I'm REALLY looking forward to.

If you're interested I have a practically new LH long action 700 stock from HS Precision. I bought the rifle as a complete package with no intentions of keeping the stock since I already had the Manners on order, I really just wanted the action.

I'm parting out the rest of it, I will make you a good deal.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1683577#Post1683577

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you lefties out there recommend? I really only wanna spend $500. I can't get a comfortable cheek weld without messing up my picture on my sps. That and I could use a stiffer stock that can keep that barrel free floated.

Honestly, if I could get a lefty 1.5 aics, I'd do it. =/ </div></div>
If you're interested in a factory 700 VS (H-S Precision-manufactured) I have two lefty stocks I'm selling. Both are take-offs that were never shot with, and are in LN condition.

One of them is the original-style VS stock with the rounded forearm and tip. Matte Black with Grey Webbing, rubber buttpad. Two studs (one front, one rear).

The other is the later-style VS stock with a semi-beavertail fore end. Matte Tan with Black Webbing, rubber buttpad. Two studs (one front, one rear).

Check-out my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">WTS: LH M700 SA VS Stocks + factory bottom metal</span></span> thread for lots of photos and prices.

Keith

I would jump on those offers but i have a short action and I'm short on cast atm. If you still had that offer going in 2 weeks for the vs I'd be stoked.

I was looking at the Mcree site, but its so turned around I couldn't figure out what worked for me and what didn't. A google search really didn't pull up any dealers either. Know anyone I could call or any websites I could look through?

Call Scott Mcree directly 573-637-2000,he is a great guy to talk to and he can answer any question you may have.I just put one of his stocks on my rifle and I am really happy with it.

Check out Stockade. They do leftie stocks and run about $400 finished.

You can get any of the McMillan tactical line, or Manners, made and inletted for LH.

I'm using LH McMillan HTG, A2, A5.