• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Handed Bergara B14 HMR - where are they?

patterson860

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2020
Six months ago I bought a Franchi Momentum 6.5 CM and a Vortex Viper HD 4x16 with the idea that I would start with a sub $1k build, work on my fundamentals, and see if I stuck with it. Well, I have stuck with it and, with the advice from many here, can consistently shoot sub MOA and plink steel at 600 yds. I plan to keep the Franchi as a deer rifle, but would like to upgrade to something more PRS oriented and work towards 1,000 yds. The catch is that it has to be left handed which severely limits my options. Ideally, I would like to buy a left hand Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 CR (possibly .308) but have scoured the internet and cannot find one. The only left handed versions I've seen available in the U.S. are 22-250 and 300 win mag. Any suggestions on how to find an HMR in 6.5 CR or .308 or on other left handed alternatives (Tikka CTR is not available in the U.S.) would be most welcome.

When thinking of alternatives, I have considered buying the HMR 300 win mag or a Savage Precision 110 but have my reservations about both.

Why not build a custom? As a fellow left hand shooter, I have found it is easier to build the one you want then it is to buy a factory rifle with the features you want.

I built a Defiance Deviant LH with a Criterion prefit barrel and Grayboe Renegade stock.

Spend the money up front, you will be happier in the long run.

Why not build a custom? As a fellow left hand shooter, I have found it is easier to build the one you want then it is to buy a factory rifle with the features you want.

I built a Defiance Deviant LH with a Criterion prefit barrel and Grayboe Renegade stock.

Thank you. I guess I'm not familiar with the left handed actions available for custom builds and the price of a custom build seems to be double that of the HMR. However, I see your point in spending the money up front to be happier in the long run.

How did you get a left-handed Grayboe Renegade? Im looking on their website and I dont see it.

I got the tikka tac a-1 in left hand back in April. I couldn’t be happier with it.

Wish I could get a Tikka T3X CTR left handed 6.5 creedmoor. I've tried many times to get one but I couldn't get one in the United States, only in Canada.

Reactions: davsco
It was definitely an HMR in LH. I’m 95% sure it was 6.5cm. My brother has been thinking about an HMR in 300 PRC and I picked it up and was disgusted it was LH and thought of course it’s in 6.5 too. Everything is 6.5.

Cabelas in Richmond VA had a southpaw 24" a few weeks back!!
20200617_121512.jpg

Reactions: patterson860
Another vote for the Tikka. It's got a better trigger and smoother action.

Speaking of the HMR in 300 PRC... Anyone have one they can check Mag length on? Everything I've seen points to it being the standard long action AICS mag length of 3.6xx vs the 3.7xx of the CIP length AICS mags that it realistically should have. Talked to Bergara and they hadn't tried a CIP length mag in it at the time. Considering picking one up myself

And it's not based on the Remington action ... ;)
The price difference between the Tikka Tac A1 and Bergara HMR is $850. I've been able to find some right handed Tikka's for less but the left handed ones are all expensive. In the end I just couldn't justify the price difference for the Tikka. I'd rather put the savings towards an optic.

Reactions: BisSilent
Yeah, I can understand that ... and sorry for joining the pile-on.

I'm also a lefty, and six months ago was also considering the Bergara. The one I looked at had great balance, handled well, and the action was fairly smooth.

The only reason I moved away from one was reports from mil friends about inherent reliability of the Rem platform. Having said that, I'd also heard that Bergara improved upon some of the issues ... my guess is that if you're not going to get sand, dirt, or snow in the action, it should be just fine.

Still one in the Cabela's in Richmond, VA. It's in the Gun Library!!
20200803_132833.jpg

I’m a southpaw too but learned to shoot both ways. I feel terrible for wasting my God given gift every time I buy a right handed rifle but they sell so much easier! They had two at my cabelas here in central Texas a few weeks ago while I was in there. The sales guy said they only stock them in 6.5 because that’s what sells lol

I'd just buy an action (Zermatt, Defiance, etc) and barrel. Throw whatever stock/chassis you want on it. Way better route.

I’m a southpaw too but learned to shoot both ways. I feel terrible for wasting my God given gift every time I buy a right handed rifle but they sell so much easier! They had two at my cabelas here in central Texas a few weeks ago while I was in there. The sales guy said they only stock them in 6.5 because that’s what sells lol
I know this is long shot but ill ask, is that rifle still there?