• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Handed Folding Options - the Sweet Spot

RobbW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Looking for a new build with fairly light weight folding chassis - at the sweet spot for stability and solid build.

I’m intrigued by the new Sig Sauer Cross or Q but have my doubts they will ever make it in left hand...

What other options are out there that are solid and very high quality? I haven’t seen a Cross yet or Q so I’m not sure if it will feel as solid as the AI for example.

I’d be ok with another AI although I think it is on the heavier side - our current AI chassis is a 300 win mag 30” barrel and weighs is in at like 20 pounds with scope. The chassis itself is like 6 lbs.

This new build would be a 6.5 creed or prc and be a shorter barrel where lightness and compactness is key.

Thanks for the Suggestions And recommendations.

Robb

The Magpul Pro 700 is not light weight, but can be set up to fold left or right. In fact everything is completely reversible for left handed use, there is no left or right handed version. Pretty clever design actually. Not talked about much though.

Frank tested it out a while ago:

Reactions: RobbW
The APO Saber chassis has the option of removing folding hinge and making it fold on whichever side of rifle you want

Last edited:
The new AIAX chassis looks like a winner. The JP APAC looks solid. Magpul Pro would the cheapest option i've seen.

I use the XLR folder on my Envy. Installed it so you can fold left but it does lock when open.