• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Left Handed Savage actions or rifles?

Robinhood

Palma & 3-P Shooter
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
NC
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anybody knows where to get a left handed Savage action, preferably the target model. Or even a complete left handed rifle.

I'm looking for something to use for in FTR and f-class.

Thanks!

Re: Left Handed Savage actions or rifles?

my first call would be to jim at northland for anything. then over at and it may be worth $12 to join savage shooter to get to their classifieds. then stockade i think he is the next best option. sharp shooter may have trued target actions but they are hard to get ahold of on the phone. send an email with "i want to buy a left hand target action" or whatever in the subject and a phone number you will get a call. make it a cell and keep it on, you dont wangt to miss the call, lol. and make sure they have it in stock. if they do, you should get it quick. if you get a barrel and want this or that, you may have to wait a bit. but they ship out what they have pretty quick. oh and once you identify a rifle, any retailer should be able to get it. my local bail bond/pawn shop/gun ordering guys charge 10% over their cost. there are usually local places that will do that ive found. that way they keep their dealer status.

I have had three rifles built at Stockade Custom Guns (Kevin Rayhill) and my friends own several others. Kevin is your man when it comes to Savage.

thanks for the quick replies! I'm thinking about doing the left bolt conversion with a RB action from sharp shooter...
And I will give Kevin a call soon!

I'm having very good luck in both F-T/R and F-Open with a Savage 10 FLCP-K (simply take off the brake at matches).