• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Left-Hander Issue with March 5-42x56 High Master

sgrayner1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2021
Huntsville, TX
I shoot lefty because of being blind in the right eye and I'm starting .22 PRS type shooting. I purchased a March 5-42 HM while waiting 16 weeks for my lefty Vudoo V22. While waiting, I mounted it on my air gun and I couldn't be more pleased. The wide angle image and superior optics put this scope in the highest class in my opinion. I did notice that both the parallax and magnification knobs were on the stiff side. The scope comes with a plastic magnification throw lever that worked great on my air gun. Not so much when my lefty V22 arrived. Because of the need for the throw lever and the large magnification range, the scope design puts the throw lever way over on the left side of the scope. That's fine for right-handers, but left-handed bolt actions interfere with the throw lever. Below 15x it just gets in the way of the bolt handle. I've sold the scope and replaced it with a ZCO 5-27. I loved it except for that one issue and left-handers maybe should look elsewhere.

Attachments

• March1 - 1.jpeg
    March1 - 1.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 39
You sold the scope because of the throw lever? I'm sure you'll love the ZCO, but for future reference you can always have MK Machining 3D print a custom throw lever for you.

I tried two third-party throw levers and they didn't work because the "hump" on the magnification ring was offset from where the lever had to be set to miss the bolt. The torsion on the lever works the strap over the hump and the throw lever falls off regardless of how tight the strap is set. The MK Machining throw levers don't look like they could be adapted to accomodate an offset attachment hump.

Wow! This has to be the best post ever concerning a scope malfunction ever! A new throw lever is just a 3D print away in 2021.

I tried two third-party throw levers and they didn't work because the "hump" on the magnification ring was offset from where the lever had to be set to miss the bolt. The torsion on the lever works the strap over the hump and the throw lever falls off regardless of how tight the strap is set. The MK Machining throw levers don't look like they could be adapted to accomodate an offset attachment hump.
I'm not talking about existing throw levers, I'm talking about a custom throw lever that Tyler could probably create for under $100 based on your needs. No worries, you've already gotten rid of the scope, but for future reference for others who may happen upon this post as Lefties, there are options out there.