• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lefty Tikka T1X in XLR Element

DisplacedTexan

Ornery Tech Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2014
    Sedalia, MO
    Buddy of mine is getting into Rimfire matches and being a lefty, doesn't seem to have many options.

He is looking at a Tikka T1X with an XLR Element since they seem to be the only ones making an aftermarket option for chassis/stock.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Pros/Cons?

Thanks.

As far as I know from exchanging emails with them there are no left handed T1x's here yet. I'm running the Anschutz 1761L and have sent XLR an email about an Element for it. Haven't heard back from them yet but I only sent the email yesterday and I imagine everyone went home a little early yesterday.

I took a lefty Tikka T1x in 17hmr and swapped the barrel and extractor then dropped it in an ELR for my son who is a lefty. I needed to work on the extractor wire a little to get it to eject properly but that is about it. You also need to remember that if you order a barrel the cut out for the extractor will be on the opposite side or the feed ramp will need to be ground opposite.
    E949AAC3-C1E5-4CE3-A3B3-976711A2EF72.jpeg

Reactions: Jimichanga
    I took a lefty Tikka T1x in 17hmr and swapped the barrel and extractor then dropped it in an ELR for my son who is a lefty. I needed to work on the extractor wire a little to get it to eject properly but that is about it. You also need to remember that if you order a barrel the cut out for the extractor will be on the opposite side or the feed ramp will need to be ground opposite.
    View attachment 7660960
    So really the only complaint for a direct transplant into the XLR is the extractor? I assume that the extractor issue was preexisting before the transplant, so we just need to work on the extractor from the factory.

The extractor wire was about it. I think it could be that it’s a bent a little different on the 17hmr though. I bent it to match the one in my 22lr and all was good.

There are several companies making aftermarket barrels for the Tikka. You would just need to call them and let them know its for a lefty.

Reactions: sid