• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing legality of trail cameras ?

1shot2kill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
north dakota
I was on my way out to the hunting blind and a trail camera snapped a pic of me
So my question is what rights do I have and what can I do about this ?

Obviously I'm not looking for permission to take the camera but I'm pissed that I just got my photo snapped

BTW the camera was next to a area used for parking not in the woods

I am thinking the camera is there for one of three reasons... A) Someone's a dumbass and they don't know much about hunting. B) Someone's car or truck was probably broken into in the past so they put up a camera to catch a thief. Or C) The dreaded Anti-Hunting idiots wanting to do a little snooping....
I would just stay clear of the camera if you don't want your pic taken. If it's public, I would think that the owner of the camera has every right to put it there. But then again, he could expect it to get it messed with. At least get pictures of other people mooning the camera.

I am thinking the camera is there for one of three reasons... A) Someone's a dumbass and they don't know much about hunting. B) Someone's car or truck was probably broken into in the past so they put up a camera to catch a thief. Or C) The dreaded Anti-Hunting idiots wanting to do a little snooping....
I would just stay clear of the camera if you don't want your pic taken. If it's public, I would think that the owner of the camera has every right to put it there. But then again, he could expect it to get it messed with. At least get pictures of other people mooning the camera.

Add a "D" to your list. Camera's are being used to catch poachers by lots of Fish and Game "Cops". They don't give a care to those who are out hunting during legal hours, just those who are out at night or during closed periods.

For those that don't like their picture being taken, wear some of those "Groucho Glasses" or better yet, a pair that have a "penis" for a nose.