• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Legalized fencing?

DeeGee

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
Ventura County, Ca
A neighbor recently had his home broken into in the middle of the day. Sometime between 12 noon and 1:30 someone came by and kicked their door in. The perpetrators ignored the electronics, the large-screen TV, the computer, and the laptop sitting on the kitchen counter. They went straight to the bedroom and trashed it. They found and took the cash stash most people have (usually in an easy-to-find location) but what they were mostly after was jewelry. They took the entire contents of the wife's jewelry chest, cheap costume jewelry and all. In and out in less than 5 minutes, in the opinion of the police.

The neighbor's house was situated in such a fashion that the front door is not visible to any other house, which might be why that house was picked. The police say this is becoming a very common crime - smash the door, grab all the jewelry, and run. They say you'll never get any of it back, as the thieves go through it, stuff all the gold into an envelope, and mail it out of state to one of those "We Buy Gold" places that you see everywhere now. I have no idea what they pay relative to the true price of the gold in what they take in, but I bet it's a small fraction of its worth.

Re: Legalized fencing?

Time to get a safe and a German Shepard. I prefer the ones that can shoot a .50BMG
jake50aaaa.jpg

I am headed to Mexico to get me a few claymores and an M60 that have been walked across the boarder by Holder and the ATF.....

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am headed to Mexico to get me a few claymores and an M60 that have been walked across the boarder by Holder and the ATF.....

Good luck</div></div>

shhhh! They are listening! Pick me up a few while you are there.
wink.gif

Bulleit is an 'indoor dog'. When we leave, he curls up on the couch and waits for someone to come in. I don't know about you guys, but a 65# AmStaff/Pitt cross jumping toward you ready to whip your ass doesn't make ME want to enter a house with a dog in it

You dog is a deterrent, but one that a competent criminal will get around if they want to.

Yeah, We had our house picked for a break in. We think we know how they where just can't prove it. They came up while we where gone. They ran my mom's GSD over and killed her but the big male we had there for breeding was new to the property and they didn't know he was there and he managed to scare them off before they broke in. My mom's dog was hit and had retreated up into the roses and died. Dogs can help save your property but man it sucks when they give up there life for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You dog is a deterrent, but one that a competent criminal will get around if they want to. </div></div>
True. What they do is alert you and give you that extra time and "alertness" to respond to a situation you would not be ready for otherwise.

It is just a part of a security system that gives you the ability to repel all but the most professional of thieves. Those people would not want what I have and would move to a much easier target