• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lehigh 50 BMG bullets.

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
Has anyone here run the Match hybrid or the borerider in their Windrunner? Search didn't come up much.

Re: Lehigh 50 BMG bullets.

I've ran 10x 795gn bullets in my windrunner.

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought Lehigh only makes the 645, 800, 808, and 815 grains borerider.

how do these projos perform compared to the AMAXes? I am assuming that it out performs the AMAXes right? Also, what kind of velocity do you get? Any load data that you can share with? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do these projos perform compared to the AMAXes? I am assuming that it out performs the AMAXes right? Also, what kind of velocity do you get? Any load data that you can share with? Thanks </div></div>

Your comparing apples to oranges. The TenX and Lehigh are both boreriders and the A-max is a true .510 bullet. You need a throat cut for boreriders to get the most out of them. @ 1000 i'm getting about 30" less drop from a custom bronze borerider than a A-max. Its also leaving the tube 300fps faster.

I'm loading LC brass with 252.5grs VV20n41 and my supply of very rare RWS primers. BUT THIS LOAD IS FOR MY RIFLE ONLY!!! Im making a 730gr bronze borerider harlow copy.

50 BMG McBros action right hand bolt,left hand port.
K&P 36" custom contour barrel and clamshell brake.
Lee six carbon fiber stock
Jewel 6oz trigger
NF 8-32 scope.
36"tensioned barrel @ 3100fps

Best ever..
7.943" 5 shot group at 1000yds. 4 were in at 5.4" then the wind...
Shot from bench with front and rear machine rests.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone here run the Match hybrid or the borerider in their Windrunner? Search didn't come up much. </div></div>

I've been buying his bullets since he opened. The machined "ball" projectiles are killer accurate out of a hybrid chamber.I think they are lilke $115/100 shipped. Stay away from the Hybrid match-they really need a different chamber to get them flying right. Most standard chambered fifty won't like the machined bullets with drive bands.His .510-120 "ball" is amazing.

If you really want to see what a fifty can do-borerider's are the way to go. You will have to neck turn your brass though.My borerider chamber is a .552 neck. I shoot the Lapua boreriders 750's and 800's. They are loaded LOOONG-with the smaller drive band "riding' the bore when chambered-when the round is fired the .510 drive band engages the rifling. Loading an AMAX in a borerider barrel will create bigtime pressure issues until the throat erodes after quite a few rounds.

Bullet Sponge +1. NO way are you going to see the performance of a borerider projectile fired in the appropriate barrel-with an AMAX-IMO, they don't like anything past 2750fps. Good load that is safe to start with AMAXes is 215gr. H50BMG.

I just shot my new McMillan custom 50 in a match last weekend and the 808 gr Lehigh 170 boreriders performed fantastic.
My average group was 10.5 inches at 1000 yards with my best at 5.125. This was shooting prone of a bipod and rear sandbag. I have a borerider chamber so keep that in mind, but I would highly recommend Lehigh
In my previous 50s I have used Amax's exclusively up to this point, but this is my first gun with a borerider chamber.
The Amax's have performed close to the solids but not quite there.
No more Amax's for me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm loading LC brass with 252.5grs VV20n41 </div></div>

Um.. VV20n29 or VV24N41? There is no VV20n41.

252.5 is the total volume of the case - the neck.

What is your FPS, pressure signs?

I picked up some of the lehigh 647 ball to try, since they are priced way more reasonably. From the report above sounds like they are pretty good, I will eventually report back once i try them. I will be using h50bmg in IVI brass.

CJG