• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leica 10x32 question

Razrbak428

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2008
Ga.
Anybody ever used Leica 10x32 BA series binoculars? Found a good deal on a used pair but can't find much info on them. Also have a buddy with a pair of Zeiss Victory 10x32, but I can get the Leicas for way less money. Just wondering how the two compare.

Re: Leica 10x32 question

Hi...first post after lurking for years.

I have a set of Leica 10 x 42 BN trinovids - they are heavy, very nice optics and durable, I carried them for a tour in Iraq. Nothing rough happened to them besides handling and humvee'ing and hitting the deck during some mortar/rocket fire.

I also have a pair of Leica 10 x 25 and zeiss 7 x 42 t*fl.

They are all good glass. I'd get the ones that you see most clear through. Look at an iris on a bird, both should let you see the color very clearly.

Beware of any implied warranty with the leica's (I'm not sure about the zeiss). My 10 x 42 BN's were a birthday gift from my wife - purchased new unopened from an internet site. When I sent the registration card to Leica they replied that since it was purchased from a non authorized dealed then they wouldn't honor a warranty. Although they don't need any warranty work after ten years of use and several more combat deployments, it still miffs me that they didn't register them.

That was Leica's service policy in years back, it is different now... the Leica Goodwill Policy covers the product with out worring about who was the original owner. NJS

Thats good to know about Leica's warranty, since I decided to go with them. Hopefully I like them as much as the Zeiss. Thanks for the help!

Hi Razrbak..I have used them and a 10x42 from Leica.I also have now a Zeiss 8x20 compact and my full size Zeiss 8x45 RF Bino that are my choice now.I have used Leica both the compact and the midsize and both were good glass.

The 10x32 to me were too much power for that size objective.A lower power would be a better choice I think.If you ask me I would hold off for a Zeiss. My buddies have looked thru both my compacts Zeiss and Leica and both my 8x45 Zeiss RF and my 10x42. All that has seen them on my range are for the Zeiss.

They are both good but in my own opinion in the mountains during dusk and dawn Zeiss to me are my choice hands down.

As they say witch I believe....Buy once and cry once.