• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica 1600B Uses

nic_bravo_whiskey

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2008
El Paso, Texas
I just received mine from EuroOptic today. Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR) mode. From reading the manual, it seems like this is the mode that corrects distance for elevated shots. But further reading shows that atmospheric conditions also affect the readout in this mode. Am I getting this correctly?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yes. I don't get too much into mine. I use it for range and that's it. everything else I plug into my ballistic software. It's an excellent LRF, I really love mine.

Thanks. So far, it's been really good. No field use, but I've ranged objects to past 1600 yards consistently.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nick,

The EHR goes to a max of 880, I think it is better than a WAG, I would like to see a comparison of it to a shooter app. the 1600b with the temp, pressure, angle and distance read, alone with a wind meter should about give everything to a guy with a smartphone app. I have used it some with it's calc (I don't have a smartphone) and am going to shoot for a weekend next month with a guy who does it with shooter ap and we'll get a good look to compare inputs.

Idahoorion