• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica 3200.com owners

smokinbobf4

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I just purchased a set of leica 3200.com 10x42 from cameraland last week. Love doing business with them by the way. But I went out and shot some steel this past weekend and couldn’t pick up 6” plate at about 430 with the rangefinder. Is this common with these? I tried scan mode also and had them on a tripod and slowly moved it around to see where the beam actually hit and I could never get it. I have an sig 2200 that I can hit that with easily and beyond. One thing I don’t like about these is the large aiming point but still thought I should be able to get it. That said I was ranging trees at 2200 yards on a bright sunny day. Just curious if others have had that trouble ranging smaller objects.

Couple of thoughts. First I would test to see how well your reticle is aligned with the beam. Easiest to do this with a rectangular sign a coupl hundred yards or so away and the binos on a tripod. I have a little description in my geovid review on the front page of the procedure. Your reticle may just be a little off center and that is a small target. Also, did you try ranging the ground at the base of the target hanger? Often easier than hitting the target itself. I would expect the geovids to pretty universally out perform 2200s.

Sounds like an issue, please give us a call when you can
Damn, A+ customer service! I bought my 3200.com's from you as well 2 years ago and while I haven't had any issues with mine, sure makes me glad I got them from you guys 👍.

OP, sounds like you'll be sorted by Camera Land but before you go through any hassle of returning them or anything I'd try a fresh battery. I noticed a similar behavior on a particularly cold day this past hunting season, then the next day started getting the low battery indication, popped a fresh battery in there and they were back to normal.

Reactions: smokinbobf4
Couple of thoughts. First I would test to see how well your reticle is aligned with the beam. Easiest to do this with a rectangular sign a coupl hundred yards or so away and the binos on a tripod. I have a little description in my geovid review on the front page of the procedure. Your reticle may just be a little off center and that is a small target. Also, did you try ranging the ground at the base of the target hanger? Often easier than hitting the target itself. I would expect the geovids to pretty universally out perform 2200s.
I did put them on a tripod and slowly worked my way on and around the steel plate as I know the beam isn’t always in the center. Never could pick it up. I did not try the ground. It’s very flat and snow covered but I just would have expected them to pick that target up. I have been in touch with Doug and he will take care of it one way or another. Being a new product to me, I just wasn’t sure how they performed.