• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Leica 3200 Kestrel Set up

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    So, I just received a new pair of Leica 3200 10x42's. The intent was to use them with my Kestrel, and neither instruction manual (Kestrel or Leica) seemed to have a clear setup, so I thought I would throw them up here in case anyone else ran into the same problems.

1. Power on your Leicas, and get into the config menu (right button, held down).

2. Toggle to the "Bal" option, and select.

3. Select "Lat" (have to cycle through the menu options).

4. Exit config menu

5. On the Kestrel, go to the config menu and turn on BT

6. Within the BT menu, set the connection to "device" and then select "search"

7. Lase a target with the Leica bino's. You should see the BT icon flashing, until it connects. Lock the device connection on the Kestrel if that is what you want (I did).

8. Done. When you lase a target now, you'll get come ups (Kestrel will also change the range to what has been lased), as well as wind value 1 and 2.

It's working pretty slick so far...

Anyways, HTH.

Reactions: Barryd
    Also there was an older thread about how to fix some the the Bluetooth issues that cropped up with the 3200:

I'm on Doug's preorder list for one of new 10x32 Geovid Pros

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Also there was an older thread about how to fix some the the Bluetooth issues that cropped up with the 3200:

I'm on Doug's preorder list for one of new 10x32 Geovid Pros
    Cool, thanks!

I went ahead and attached the PDF cheat sheet from that thread to this thread as well.

Attachments

• Leica BlueTooth programming Cheat Sheet 4.pdf
      206.4 KB · Views: 202