• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica amplus 6 or trijicon thoughts

Codiekfx400

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
I need a scope for a 18” 223 wylde rifle I built. I want the low magnification for the wide field of view but I also need lightweight. The Leica Amplus 6 2.5-15x50i Ballistic BDC is on my list as well as a Trijicon tenmile or credo all on close out pricing at eurooptic. Price and weight is about the same. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to stay away from Chinese or Philippines scopes. Thanks

Curious to hear from folks who have tried the Leica, I have the credo and am pleased with it

I have Leica amplus 6 on my 280 ai, it’s my favorite scope.
Everything about it is very good.
The reticle suits my needs for long range hunting, I would prefer just one horizontal line with one MOA wind holds like a wind plex. But, at 400 yards all the busy stuff in the reticle is below the belly of most animals so it’s not an issue.
The glass is great, the turret is very tactile, the size is nice, all the dials are fairly easy to turn (not too easy but. not too stiff), I can’t think of anything I don’t like. For my type of hunting and having 18x on the top end, I prefer the current reticle over a standard duplex simply because I like to hold for wind. Just my observations and preferences.

I’m typically a Leupold guy but I picked up a Leica Amplus to put on my new Dasher build and I’m def impressed!
It doesn't usually take much to impress Leupold guys...

And it isn't as much fun to hit it out of the park when you just lob one over the plate like that.

Having run Leica binos forever and Leica scopes for several years, they don't disappoint. There is often a cheaper option, seldom one as good. At least in terms of image quality.

I have the 3-18 Leica and like it a lot. The reticle is a lot busier than what I need for deer hunting in my woods, but it's a 'set it and forget it' use for me so it doesn't really matter. It's great in low light, which was my main priority.

Having said that, I have Credos and TenMiles, and like them a lot too.

Love my Amplus 6, great optic. The FOV is really good too, I can see my barrel on 3X.

Attachments

• 66DF7BA2-4F35-44AD-93D7-552F5574F440.jpeg
    66DF7BA2-4F35-44AD-93D7-552F5574F440.jpeg
    966.5 KB · Views: 97
FWIW, my Leica Magnus is the best scope I've ever looked through, including a number of TTs. I don't think they sell the Magnus in the US anymore, but the Amplus looks great as well at a much better price point

I have an aversion to BDC reticles.
That alone would sway me from purchasing the listed Leica.
I own a 2.5-15x56 credo, I like it very much.
I like the reticle.
The glass is quite good, but the glass in the Leica is better.

Reactions: simonp
^^^^ Ive avoided both BDC reticles and SFP glass which rules the Amplus out for me.

I have a couple of Trijicon LPVOs and their glass is really very good especially at the pre-owned price point.