• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica Ballistic Tool website issues ?

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    I was trying to generate a “ drop.hex “ file for my new 2700B LRF, and the online tool is being uncooperative .
    Is it just me or are other people having issues ?
    Win 10 with Chrome browser so it shouldn’t be an “old computer” issue.

I did as well. Been a while but i had to rename each file and jad to make aure the .hex was there or something like that. Cant remember but it was in how the file name was going in.

I was trying to generate a “ drop.hex “ file for my new 2700B LRF, and the online tool is being uncooperative .
    Is it just me or are other people having issues ?
    Win 10 with Chrome browser so it shouldn’t be an “old computer” issue.
    I've made a bunch from their website, as recently as a couple weeks ago. What specifically was your issue?

I'm trying to save the " drop.hex " file to the computer and I get the following message:

Application error
    An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. You can do this from the Heroku CLI with the command
    heroku logs --tail

Also, the drop table isn't matching up with the drop table in my Shooter App or BallisticArc / Geo Ballistics.
    At 500 yards, the Leica Ballistic is off by about 13" more drop @ 63.81" vs. the two apps that agree at 50.4"

Anyone with an explanation or a work around ?

I'm trying to save the " drop.hex " file to the computer and I get the following message:

Application error
    An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. You can do this from the Heroku CLI with the command
    heroku logs --tail

Also, the drop table isn't matching up with the drop table in my Shooter App or BallisticArc / Geo Ballistics.
    At 500 yards, the Leica Ballistic is off by about 13" more drop @ 63.81" vs. the two apps that agree at 50.4"

No idea on the computer side of it, but if the drops aren’t matching up then adjust the G1 until they do.

Application error
    heroku logs --tail

I just hopped-on Leica's website and created & downloaded a profile. So computer-wise, I'm gonna say it's your machine/internet/other.

As far as not lining up, I will slightly tweak MV for gross adjustments and BC for fine adjustments. If your tweaking MV or BC a lot, you have an error somewhere else in your inputs.

I tried it yesterday with firefox on my laptop and on my phone with safari and both worked well . Trajectory was dead on as well, matching up with the Shooter App drop table.
    For some reason, Chrome and the Leica Ballistics don’t play nice together.

Reactions: Jimjim223
    I tried it yesterday with firefox on my laptop and on my phone with safari and both worked well . Trajectory was dead on as well, matching up with the Shooter App drop table.
    For some reason, Chrome and the Leica Ballistics don’t play nice together.

Thank you! Was having issues with chrome, switched to safari and it worked perfect!

Glad I could help cut the trail on this one.
    This where the "Search" function is worth it's weight in gold !