• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics LEICA CRF 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400, 2700, 2800.com TRIPOD ADAPTER ARCA SWISS+1/4x20

ophious

Hallway Monitor
Minuteman
I built this out of a necessity for an economical solution to mount my rangefinder to my tripod. I've seen a few of these online and the quality seemed sketchy. Very low resolution printing. Plus you couldn't keep it in the case. Basically these will mount to an ARCA mount or standard 1/4-20 tripod mount. If you're interested in me printing you out one of these, I'll charge $20+shipping. I dont have anymore red filament, so they would all be black. These are designed to fit the unit snugly. If you're concerned about cosmetic damage, you might want to put some tape on the unit. I don't mind on my units.

20191025_190710.jpg20191025_190608.jpg20191025_190305.jpg20191025_190907.jpg20191025_191120.jpg20191025_191048.jpg

Last edited:
Very quick, got it in a couple of days, looks great, I will get some pictures this weekend and post.

Will be nice if I can keep this on in my LRF pouch, to quickly use off hand, or on the tripod. I have the Leica one with the knob and btween the know and the RRS bottom it will not fit.

Very quick, got it in a couple of days, looks great, I will get some pictures this weekend and post.

Will be nice if I can keep this on in my LRF pouch, to quickly use off hand, or on the tripod. I have the Leica one with the knob and btween the know and the RRS bottom it will not fit.
U can I tried it last night should work great for our team match

Reactions: TACC and seansmd
Mine arrived today. Looks great. Fits extremely well with just tension provided by the frame. No screws to tighten or lose. Tight but can be removed with effort but not too much effort. Fits well in either direction in the Leica provided pouch. Haven't mounted it to a tripod using either connection methods but expect both to work as advertised. This is a bargain and works with both the ARCA mount or standard threaded tripod mount. Will try to post some pics and an actual tripod user review.

I built this out of a necessity for an economical solution to mount my rangefinder to my tripod. I've seen a few of these online and the quality seemed sketchy. Very low resolution printing. Plus you couldn't keep it in the case. Basically these will mount to an ARCA mount or standard 1/4-20 tripod mount. If you're interested in me printing you out one of these, I'll charge $20+shipping. I dont have anymore red filament, so they would all be black. These are designed to fit the unit snugly. If you're concerned about cosmetic damage, you might want to put some tape on the unit. I don't mind on my units.

View attachment 7171033View attachment 7171028View attachment 7171029View attachment 7171030View attachment 7171031View attachment 7171032
I will take one. What’s your PayPal?9076324460

Same here good stuff, he is looking at if he can cut the ARCA grooves on the front and back too, so it can work side by side on plates like this.
1572747251456.png

Reactions: shoobe01
It does have the 1/4-20 thread on the bottom, if you have an adapter plate for the arca. But then it wouldn't fit in the case. I'm going to see if I can somehow draw it up that would allow a printer to complete. That's why the front is so flat. It enables a solid foundation for the following layers to adhere to. If I filleted that end, I found the prints came out shitty and would have layer shift and throw the dimensions off. And when we have our $800+ optic in that mount, I wanted to make sure it's not going anywhere. Precision is key to enabling a snug fit. I'll see what I can come up with. It's not a problem drawing it, the problem lies in printing it. I'm stoked you guys like um!

Phil

I’ll take one. Let me know where to send the money.

Okay... like I need to spend more money on my tripod setups but... what is this plate thing?
Gray Ops plate ARCA on the bottom, dual ARCA on the top mounting optics, rifle, or just drop your bag on top and go

Reactions: shoobe01
All mounts should be shipped and received. Let me know what you think gents. Working on a double mount version to satisfy versatility requirements from others. If you have suggestions, or need solutions for other devices, send me a PM. I'll see if I can come up with something. Thanks again.

Forgot to say, got used by several folks at a class last weekend. Worked as expected, was very helpful that it's so small and integral now so we could go from handheld to tripod mounted as in this weird case we were doing a couple hours just on range estimation, and I was then able to demo the pros and cons of each of those rapidly.

Reactions: ophious
Got home from China with this in my mail, looks good will try it out this weekend!
20191122_204653.jpg

Used it this weekend in my UKD match at Avenal, worked flawlessly!

Reactions: caberslash
I have actually found that my Leica case is too tight to fit the LRF in when it has this mount on. Too bad for Leica, I like the mount better than the case.

But I have found one that fits very nicely, and if I am careful I think I can be happy with the Kestrel in there also (there's a provided divider):

(SORD is australian, I think makes stuff for ADF as my friends in service there suggest it)

For those that care of such things, it also fits a PVS-14 with J-arm, and my X320 thermal. May be buying 2 more to stick various places, finally have a padded pouch instead of either prayer, or a tedious second padded thing inside the SAW pouch.

I have actually found that my Leica case is too tight to fit the LRF in when it has this mount on. Too bad for Leica, I like the mount better than the case.

But I have found one that fits very nicely, and if I am careful I think I can be happy with the Kestrel in there also (there's a provided divider):

(SORD is australian, I think makes stuff for ADF as my friends in service there suggest it)

For those that care of such things, it also fits a PVS-14 with J-arm, and my X320 thermal. May be buying 2 more to stick various places, finally have a padded pouch instead of either prayer, or a tedious second padded thing inside the SAW pouch.
Thank you Shoobe, that might be just the ticket especially with the Kestrel! Until Dec 4th, BF2019 code gets you free shipping and 25% off, couldn't pass up this case for just $22.50 shipped!

Thank you Ophious, the fit is perfect and it looks great. Now I need to get one of the cases that shoobe01 posted.

Since I'm using this without the divider as a single-piece-of-opto-electronics holder, I thought I better check for all you who want to use as intended with the Kestrel as well. First, without the divider. LRF and ARCA attachment alone:
2019-12-03 15.27.08.jpg

Handily fits. All but flops around, but I like room around things.

I do wish it had an internal tie-down, but I am used to this, always just run a Grimloc nearby and tie all lanyards into that to avoid loss.

Divider in (it's a velcro one, hook on the divider, loop lined case which also makes it nicely fuzzy):
2019-12-03 15.28.06.jpg

This looks better than it is. It fits, but is tight side-to-side, so you can't just toss the LRF in, but have to shove a bit.

Yes, there's room to shove, because of the front-back gap you see; the case is stiffened, not just padded, so you are fighting that to fit it. So... okay for transport of the LRF /with/ Kestrel but with this adapter, less than optimal maybe for quick grab and use of either or device.

But, worst case then is you go back to a separate Kestrel case. And my very snazzy one isn't especially fast to get in and out of itself, so maybe a wash.

I'm surprised that it's not fitting in the case. Mine doesn't seen to have any problems. I know it's a tight fit, but it fits. I never take mine off honestly. I'll try and take a pic when I get home. So much going on getting ready for the holidays. I'm stoked you guys like it as much as I do. I've enjoyed sharing with all of you.

Great idea and looks great. I'll take one if you still have them available?