• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AJBello

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2008
Salem, OR
I bought a pair of Leica 10X42 Geovids in early 2005. Over the last five years they've served me VERY well. I did not intentionally abuse them, but I definitely don't baby my gear and they've seen a ton of use. In that five years they've accompanied me on pretty much every trip to the woods, range, and four deer and elk seasons. They've seen rain, snow, freezing, hot, dust, blah blah blah.

A couple months ago I noticed that I was having trouble ranging past 600-800 yards. I mentioned this in a post here on the 'Hide and soon after got a PM from "AHB", who happens to be a Leica employee. He advised me to send 'em on in to get looked at, and guessed that the laser was "out of collimation". I packed them up and sent them in with a brief note about the ranging issue. I also noted that at some point I had scratched one of the objective lenses (completely my fault), and requested a quote to repair or replace that lens.

According to their invoice they received my binos on 5/10/10. On 5/11/10 they sent out a repair estimate for $0.00 and it stated ***LEICA GOOD WILL WARRANTY***. It didn't mention anything about the scratched objective lens so I just assumed it wasn't something that was easily replaced or repaired. No biggy I thought, as it didn't affect the picture at all that I could tell. The estimate noted that the binos would be returned within 30 days. On 5/28/10, only 18 days after Leica received them, I got an automated UPS e-mail with tracking number saying they were on the way back with a delivery date of 6/2/10.

When I unpacked the binos the invoice noted a “new serial #”. The binos, to me, look absolutely brand new. I don't know if they're just a reconditioned set that they swapped out, or a brand new set, but all of the glass is impeccable and the rubberized body doesn't have a scratch on it. I can't find any sign of use or wear on any of it! TOTAL DUE: $0.00. Very freaking cool, and more than I expected or even hoped for. Under a one month turnaround (including ground shipping to and from Oregon and New Jersey), and a new set of perfect binos. Simply awesome.

THANK YOU to Leica for the outstanding customer service. If anyone is considering a Leica product, I can honestly say I could not be happier with either the product or the service.
grin.gif

Re: Leica CS

That's awesome CS! Good to know as I'm in the market for either binos with ranging capabilities or a good rangefinder.

Re: Leica CS

That is great to hear. I have always been satisfied with the Leica quality. I have never needed any repair work done, but it is good to know that they've changed for the better. I've got my name on the list for one of their new rangefinders when they come out.