• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica Geovid Pro model comparison

Hksigfn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2019
Hey all! Leica just released the 10x42, 8x42, and 8x56 versions of the Geovid Pro. These are in addition to the 32mm models released last year. I’m interested in getting one of these for longer distance hunting and spotting as well as for target shooting and competition out to a mile. Which of these would you recommend for such purposes? I’m thinking the 8x42 over the 10x42 because field of view is important for finding the target in the first place, and I feel that the distance at which the extra 2x magnification will be helpful for getting the right range is far away enough as to be a relatively rare occurrence. I assume the low light performance of either will be sufficient for my purposes. I don’t have a lot of experience with binoculars though, so I would love to hear how people manage the trade off between field of view and confidently ranging the intended point.
Thanks!

Reactions: Bravo6