• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica LRF 2400R issue

Lusaka

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2013
UK
Could any Leica LRF owners comment on whether the red LED display icons when operating the LRF are bracketed above and below with four red if dim dots over each digit/reticle?

I just bought a brand new 2400R and in day light, these red dots are washed out to be invisible but against dark objects or at twilight they are clearly visible, getting more visible as it gets darker.

Given these are meant to be of fairly decent quality when it comes to optics, it seems poor but it's my first LRF so don't have a benchmark.

My 1600 has 2 dots below. If you look closely there’s actually a small box that lights up where the reticle and range are displayed. Square box with the reticle/numbers in the center of each. Those dots are the corners of the box.

I just touched base with a tech rep at Leica and he said "Im pretty sure what they are seeing is a reflection of the LED board. It’s noticeable in every LED lit optic I’ve ever seen, if you know to look for it and the light conditions are right. "

Reactions: hafejd30
That’s exactly what I would say mine looks like in the post I described above

Thank you for the replies. There is a vague square effect with a line left and right although the dots are more distinct due to their shape. A reflection would be a fair way of describing as it resembles a circuit board or display matrix.

It is a bit more reflective than I would like but maybe my example is more prone than others. Maybe an outcome of the "new LED display for even better readability" that they claim, although I wouldn't have described it as such.