• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica prs vs razor gen 3 vs atacr 5-25

Tjn260

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2021
Tn
First post here on the hide, but I've been lurking for quite a while now. Just picked up a trg42 in 338 Lm, came with an nxs 12-42x56 with np-r2 reticle in moa (not at all my cup of tea). Needless to say that scope will be leaving soon to fund one of the scopes in the title. Has anyone used these or been able to compare side by side? I can get the leica and razor for quite a few dollars less than the atacr but not sure how they compare. Would like to hear opinions from everyone who has used them. Couple pics of the trg below. Anyone else have a trg? Loving this one so far.

Attachments

• 20220622_195111.jpg
    20220622_195111.jpg
    908.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220622_195129.jpg
    20220622_195129.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 72
First post here on the hide, but I've been lurking for quite a while now. Just picked up a trg42 in 338 Lm, came with an nxs 12-42x56 with np-r2 reticle in moa (not at all my cup of tea). Needless to say that scope will be leaving soon to fund one of the scopes in the title. Has anyone used these or been able to compare side by side? I can get the leica and razor for quite a few dollars less than the atacr but not sure how they compare. Would like to hear opinions from everyone who has used them. Couple pics of the trg below. Anyone else have a trg? Loving this one so far.

If you're looking for a good deal on a MOA model, we have a mint display model for $2,699.00 :)

Reactions: Tjn260
Thanks for the replies, id read that the new razor was good but I definitely didn't expect to hear that it's a better optic than the atacr. What else in the 2500 -3000 range should I consider? Is the razor top dog other than TT or zco?

Reactions: CSTactical
Thanks for the replies, id read that the new razor was good but I definitely didn't expect to hear that it's a better optic than the atacr. What else in the 2500 -3000 range should I consider? Is the razor top dog other than TT or zco?
Pretty much yes. The razor 3 is an outstanding optic. I did a review of it on my YouTube if you want to check it out. Maybe it’ll help your decision.

I was surprised to hear this too. I have such distain for Vortex, I would never get a Vortex product. But I also respect the opinions around here so they must have made one hell of a scope. Personally, I would go with the NF or Leica over the Gen 3. I actually like the Leica tree reticle (it isnt a great tree reticle but I dont use the tree, I just happen to like that reticle the most) and the Leica is the least common of the 3. WHy would you want a scope that everyoneee eles has?? (Unless it is a Zco or TT lol)

I have a the 5 x 25 ATACR. It is a great scope. Only thing I would change is the illumination. I am not a big fan of the push button vs the dial. Other than that it is a solid optic.

I've been very happy with my Lecia PRS 5-30x56 L-Ballistic. No issues over the course of 2 years.

@koshkin (DLO) mentioned that the Leica PRS does not induce as much eye fatigue as some other scopes. I can attest to this. After spending a day at the range using my Steiner T5, my right eye is very tired and I find it difficult to focus on road signs. With the Leica PRS, this is not a problem.

I don't have enough time behind my Zeiss S3 4-25 to offer a valid comparison. But I would say that the glass is very close.

Both the Leica and Zeiss are far better scope than my Steiner T5 in every aspect. Wish that I could compare them to the scopes you originally mentioned.