• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica rangefinder?

SourMash

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2012
GA
I'm looking at the one in the Cabala's fall book. It's the 1600yd model. Are there different models for 1600yds, because they have it for $599 and I've seen it elsewhere for $699. I'm new to long range gear and just wanted to ask before I buy something like this. Also, why is the 1000yd one $200 more?

Re: Leica rangefinder?

Lots of people were clearing out the older 1600 when the 1600-b started shipping. I want to say that Leica removed MAP from the 1600 in lieu of the 1600-b shipping, but don't quote me on that.

Yes there are 2 1600 yard models, the 1600 and the 1600B

I am assuming that the "b" model is the better one to get?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dirtyname</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1600b is the newer model. Updated ballistic program. </div></div>

More specificly, the Leica 1600-B features the newly developed ballistic function ABC (Advanced Ballistic Compensation), which accounts for air pressure, temperature, and angle of inclination to offer holdover values displayed in one of three output modes:

1 - provides linear holdover value in inches (or centimeters)

2 - provides true horizontal distance equivalent to target in yards (or meters)

3 - provides holdover in ¼ M.O.A (or mil radian)

Does anyone know if Leica has an upgrade program for those of us who own their original 1600 rangefinder?